Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which ski pass in Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're going to Les Gets in March on our first family ski trip with three-year-old twins.

The kids have ski lessons/childcare from 09:00-14:00, so we get to ski probably/hopefully from around 09:30-13:00 each day, then lunch, before picking the kids up.

We're experienced skiers but first time in Portes du Soleil region so not sure whether to get a local Les Gets/Morzine pass, or spend the extra money on the full area Portes du Soleil pass.

Anyone any advice?

Many Thanks

Steve
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doesn't matter how fast you can ski, the fact that your options to cross Morzine are either 1. the little train that everyone on the planet seems to be trying to get on or 2. walk all the way across town in your ski boots mean that it is impossible to get across town, do some actual skiing and then get back again in time for 1400 pick up. We bought the PdS pass the first year and then the second time we went we just got the Les Gets/Morzine pass. We figured we'd only get beyond if we had a car with us and drove up and parked at Avoriaz.

It's a lovely area though with kids. We stopped off regularly at the Yeti for hot chocolates or Le Grand Cry for crepes or ice cream sundaes with ours. You can catch the cable car back down with them if they are not up to skiing down themselves yet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was going to say similar. If you've got a car you can drive to Ardent fairly easily, but it would still be a bit of a rush.
One year when our kids were very small they had afternoon lessons on Pleney, and if we drove to Ardent first thing, it was a rush to get them back to Pleney for after lunch.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lots of things to consider here PDS 6 day pass is 260€ 6day Les Gets/Morzine pass is 199€. One day PDS pass is 52€. They used to do a single day upgrade from LG to PDS at less than the full cost of a PDS day although I don't know if they still do. The children will be free.

It is possible to get to Avoriaz and beyond and back by 13:00 but if you're concerned about getting back in time to pick up children then I don't think it's worth the stress.

When going, getting from the bottom of Pleney across Morzine, up the gondola then through Super Morzine to Avoriaz takes a lot of time and the skiing is very shallow alpine meadow skiing with a couple of long lifts. It's not really possible to do much before having to think about turning around and heading back. The way back from Avoriaz include a couple of very shallow meadow runs, a long chair and bubble back down to Morzine, petit train or walk across Morzine, bubble up, short gentle piste down to a long chair, and one run back down to Les Gets. Have a really long look at the online piste maps.

I would probably stick with the Les Gets/Morzine pass and if the opportunity arose for either one or both to get a full day skiing then get a day pass for the PDS.

Our 4 year old grandchildren were skiing from the top of the Chavannes lift all the way back to the village at the end of their first week last year.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you go on the B of Bang, then 5 hours would be enough to drive to Ardent or Prodains, do a circuit and get back again. Even if you allow 45 mins travelling / faffing time each way for a car journey of 20 mins this still leaves 3.5 hours for the PdS circuit, which is more than enough for a good skier / boarder.
That being said, with decent snow, Mt Chery is a peach.
But I would not really bother trying to go to Avoriaz skiing to the Pleney or Nyon and getting the bus, as that WILL take a long time.
I would be inclined to get the LG / Morzine pass, and suck it and see for the first couple of days to see how organised it all is, and how much time you actually have. Then plan a circuit one day and buy the upgrade.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all for your comments.

So I think we'll stick with the local pass to start with and try to do a day away later in the week.

We'll have our car with us, so which would you say is the best place to park up to ski a different area. I presume from the comments we should look at Prodains or Ardent?

Also, has anyone experienced any guiding/ski groups from Les Gets rather than lessons - I don't mean off-piste guiding, but a few people to ski with?

Cheers.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You’ll pay at Prodain. Ardent parking is free.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For the PdS circuit, Adrent would be better in as much as if you are running late or need to bail, then it's an easier place to gat back to from Les Crosets, Morgins, Champoussin, Chatel etc.. whereas if you are at Prodains, then you need to go back through Avoriaz.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Awesome, thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy