Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valfrejus, Le Massif du Devoluy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are considering going to either resort on March 31st. Can anybody please give some guidance please.The only information I have found is that Valfrejus is no t great at keeping the tracks in line? Anybody been to either resort at Easter?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@louiscrow,
I have only skied it (Valfrejus) for a day at Easter as part of a wider Maurienne valley trip.
It had good snow which went up to a decent height with reasonable north facing skiing with a good variety of piste above and below the treeline.
The area is not extensive but is attractive and varied. The resort itself is a classic small purpose built small French resort of no great beauty but is very modestly priced. The slopes were quiet on our visit and I would guess they usually are at this time of the year
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@louiscrow, We've stayed in SuperDevoluy three times now. One Easter trip, and twice at half term. Easter was early the year we did it, so about the same time as the week you're planning.

Snow was great - slushy in the sunshine in the afternoon - but that's to be expected of course.

As far as cost vs km of skiing goes, I think it's hard to beat. It's not the prettiest of resorts, but when it's behind you/you're higher up, you can't see it! It *is* very friendly though - doesn't feel like the French Alps at all Wink

Hope that helps.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@louiscrow, we've been to both quite a few times. As @UkuleleDave, says SuperD isn't particularly attractive - Joue du Loup is easier on the eye..... the skiing is varied to suit all abilities. I would be very surprised if the snow isn't plentiful and maintained into the village at Easter.
We went to Valfrejus last Easter and had the best late season skiing of any previous Easter. It isn't a huge ski area but we were able to access tracked out off-piste which added a whole new dimension for all 19 of us.....the views are amazing from the summit Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank for the response all, appreciated. I have read that the runs in Valfrejus are not bashed in the evening, can anybody confirm this please?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@louiscrow,
As I say I have only been the once, from memory there was a black run that had not been posted the rest all.seemed.to be freshly groomed.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@T Bar, Thank you. I have been to La Plagne last 2 easters and would love to try somewhere else.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not been to either, but they're always the cheapest on sunweb/snowtrex which keeps me intrigued.

One stumbling block that I keep finding for Super D is the lack of affordable transfers, and the fact that's so far from the nearest airport. Ditto Valfrejus to a certain extent, although they do have a train station (Modane) very close by.

The Maurienne valley Eskimo pass does seem very good value too.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mikeycharlton, it’s ok for me driving and looking to book through SunWeb, think Valfrejus is the plan due to the Eskimo ski pass.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've not been to super D, so no comparison with it but visited Valfrejus end of 3rd week of last March. We were staying at Val Cenis so on Eskimo pass that day.

No argument with what's already posted, not the biggest area at VF but pretty decent for that which is there. Convenient with gondola straight from village centre, one big jump right up to plateu where skiing is centred. No faf, just one easy lift up. Pistes seemed fine but it was bucketing down with snow so just knee deep powder when we were up there.
It hadn't been the snowiest winter last year overall ( understatement alert) but we could still ski all the way back down, temp was above freeze so getting quite heavy at village but no problem really. Easy ride down on gondola if you are at level which would find it difficult. As already stated, great views from up there.
Village is "workmanlike " it's there for a purpose and just gets on with it. No its a classically good looking alpine type build, but that's never bothered us and we've stayed in all sorts.
Couple of smaller supermarkets, tourist office, variety of ski shops, varied cafe and restaurants, all seemed ok. As already focused on here, cost is one of it's fairly big pluses, you don't feel ripped off. People running things seemed courteous, decent and professional.
I wouldn't envisage any significant problems, we usually stay in VC as we like the larger ski area but working our way around all of the upper end of Maurienne valley, really enjoy it and keep going back.

Definitely recommended, even more if you have a car as you can easily try the other areas, most of them are going to be about 40mins-ish with no problems parking.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh yea, and an Eskimo season pass costs only 340 Euros if bought before December. That's not much more than a week at the 3 Valleys!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy