Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val d'Isere Parking...

Poster: A snowHead
hi, I'm arriving by car in Val d'Isere most likely at about midnight on a Saturday night, staying until Wednesday evening. The place that I'm staying in have advised that they have no parking available... Where is the best place for me to park?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
wouldn't it depend on where you are staying and if you have lots of luggage to move about? Loads of parking options in Val, big underground ones in the centre and La Daille, open ones dotted around as well. May be cheaper to book in advance? https://www.parkingvaldisere.com/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. As far as I can tell that link is only for stays > 30 days. We’re staying at 137 Avenue Olympique, ideally I’d like to find somewhere a short walk a way so I can drop bags off at the accommodation, then park and walk back. What I’m worried about is not being able to find anywhere to park after midnight and no where to leave the car overnight.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Free parking in La Daille
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah, I had thought that was the case from prior experience, but I don’t think the buses back run late enough for me when I arrive.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Parking du centre. Big underground place. Website details stays if 3-30 days. Have another look. I just took a ticket and paid last year, but it was only a day. Busses run pretty late I thought?? You could always pay for first night then move to a free one??
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@heroicab304, if you email the SAGS office(address on the website, as is a map of all of the car parks) and tell them you want to reserve parking, which car park and the dates you need, they will sort it out for you and then you call in the office (in the main covered car park in the centre of Val) and pay and they give you an exit ticket that can be used throughout the duration of the stay you paid for. They are very helpful. They responded to my email the same day.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
moseyp wrote:
Free parking in La Daille
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing More chance of getting a hand job off the pope, than getting in one of the free spaces for 7 day parking. You also have a very high chance of parking in one of the restricted spaces and being towed away in under an hour. Park there with extreme caution.

heroicab304 Your accom is in Le Cret. 200m away is parking P3, a brand new multi storey that gets used less than others as it's a bit in the middle of no where. You should be able to book on the Val website at https://www.parkingvaldisere.com/sags-courts-sejours-2?parkingId=P8 and you save approx 10% by booking on line. You get a Q Code for your smartphone, that lets you come and go without incurring more charges. Pre booking turns off when spaces get very limited.

Your other alternative is using P2 at La Daille. This is further but has a bus stop outside. The free buses run until 3am and Le Cret is the next bus stop towards the town centre.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@bar shaker, really? I’ve never had any problem parking there, and there’s always loads of spaces??
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

@bar shaker, really? I’ve never had any problem parking there, and there’s always loads of spaces??

There used to be a massive free car park in La Daille but that disappeared what, 5 years ago at least (guessing)? Virtually nothing now.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@stevios, I parked there for a week last year and another week now, just left today. Lots of space and no charge - car park under OK run ?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@moseyp, The only free car park is behind my apartment and probably has space for 40 cars. It is effectively at the end of Triffolet piste.

The large open air car park has charges, although it may have been free during the really heavy snow.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Try Episode 6 of the Ski Podcast - Steve reveals all about the new parking in Val d'Isere -https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/knowledge-is-powder-the-ski-podcast/id1293102565?mt=2&ign-mpt=uo%3D4 Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last year we stayed on a chalet on Avenue olympique and although the chalet had 1 x space it had been occupied by an ESF instructor who has just assumed squatters rights on parking his car there , we tried to park in the space overnight and he went ballistic saying it was his space and he was calling gendarmes , they arrived and shrugged their shoulders saying he always parks there and if it got damaged it would be our own fault , anyway long story short we unloaded all the gear from the car and then parked in the underground by Dicks , it was about €120 but at least it was warm dry and safe . We pre-booked though .
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@bar shaker, the SAGS website has not been working properly so that is why they are taking reservations by email at the moment. It may be functioning again but it was defaulting to the 'saison' page and not letting people book. If anyone has a problem with it they were very helpful over email but as I say it may be resolved now.
ski holidays
Anyone got any advice on the options for daily parking - i.e. drive up in morning, park, go skiing and then leave circa 5pm?
Ideally as far up as possible to access Le Fornet, but failing that wherever one can then get the bus from (e.g. Laissant or La Daille)

Thanks
ski holidays
Hi, ref the above, can you confirm that having booked a week of parking we are free to come in and out during the week?
As this is not what the parking office told me by email. They said I would need to buy another visit if I came back.

Thing is we are hoping to do some trips down the valley and would be nice to not have to pay twice.
Also seems that minimum booking term is 3 days.
Does anyone know if we can pay for a day on demand, rather than booking?

Thanks
snow conditions
Apologies for thread hijack! We are staying in Rond Points first week of April. Landlord has offered covered parking at €85 for the week but a) don't think covered will be necessary then b) I'd rather spend the money on beer/ crepes/ hot chocs etc than parking!
Any suggestions for parking options in that area, please?
snow report
@ajdetpwm, when we book for a month they give you an exit card with a bar code and the dates on it (e.g. 21 Jan to 18 Feb). You can use it to go out as many times as you want during that period. You just go through the barrier on the way in as normal, take a ticket and you can discard it as you use your exit ticket to go out. Can't say if any different for a week's stay but I would be surprised if it was.

UPDATE- just booked on the website for another month and successfully obtained Q code as per @bar shaker, above and it seemed to work.
ski holidays
Okay - thanks, looks promising then.
I guess we will just have to turn up and see how it plays out.
I'll try to remember to add an update on here.
ski holidays
@ajdetpwm we’ve parked at the car park by Laisenant a couple of times (pre and post half term) and got a space there quite easily. Arriving about 9.30 to 10 am from Sainte Foy for the day. It’s right next to the chair lift and cost around €8-9 for about 6-8 hours as I recall. I think you can park at Le Fornet as well if you want to take the cable car up to the glacier. One thing we found was that there is no manned ticket office at Laisenant, only coded plastic tickets to allow you to book via the internet and only full EK pass not just Val d’Isere area, which we wanted. We ended up getting the bus to Le Fornet so we could buy our day tickets there earlier this month. Not a problem if you have a weekly ski pass of course.

The big car park at La Daille has never been a problem to park in and costs a similar amount. Hope this helps.
snow conditions
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Db4jxoKoXxKJrbCz2

All went well, drove up and parked at Laissant à couple of times, there were about 12 places available. Cost was about 11 euros (9am to 5 pm ish).
Pricing as per the photo of board on link above.

Took a ticket on way in, and paid on way out.
The payment at exit barrier didn't work, so went in to use the machine in little hut instead.

Worked a treat for us, as were able to get up and into Col Pers early ( so much that we were back down through the gorge and in Le Fornet by 1130)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy