Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les menuires

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're off me March 4 night 3.5 days skiing never been is it a good choice any advice would be great thanks Blush y
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Huge valley to enjoy... pick up one area each day. Last year in March was really warm and busy lower down so I enjoyed mostly cruising and skiing in Val Thorens in the higher up cold and quieter pistes! I’ve faced some challenging runs so I’m sure you will enjoy it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@charlie26, sounds like a very good choice to me. What sort of skiing do you and anyone else in your party enjoy?
What other activities might you like? Is food included or are you looking to shop for food and/or eat out?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We're good intermediate skiers like a little off piste we're in a hotel which is bb like a small beer or 2 after a day on the slopes we will eat out probably as long as we don't have our pants pulled down to much any recommendations thanks Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@charlie26, Les M is a great choice then. I may well ski there myself today.
Will post ideas when I’m home. No doubt other snowHeads will sooner!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some are a bit too snooty for les Menuires, thinking it is ugly and less "sophisticated" than its neighbours. I think it is a terrific place to be based, with skiing for everyone and direct links to both Meribel and Val Thorens. After a drop of fresh there is no better place to be on a bluebird day than first lift up to la Masse.

My tip - There are some great home runs too - Allamands, David Douillet, but the best imv, and the best way to ski it.....get to the top of Mont de la Chambre with the last lift. Have a couple of calming beers at the resto, and then hammer it down 4 Vents in wonderful solitude.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Enjoy its a great base. We had 2 years in VT (adults only) then last year in LM with the kids. Stayed in Hotel Les Bruyeres. La Masse is generally quiet as not a lot of skiers from other areas make it all the way down and over so would defo recommend spending some time there - good reds and blacks. Otherwise take your pick on each day depending on conditions. We were late March last year (week before Easter) and were lucky with a dump the day we arrived. It had been quite warm and slushy before that and same by end of the week. See the 3 valleys lunch stops thread for places to eat on mountain(s). At night its not that great - puby type food in La Croissette. A couple of decent places in Les Bruyeres with good raclette (forget the names but there are only 3 - 4 restaurants) but depends on where you are staying and what you are after. Get up Mont De La Chambre over to Mont Vallon first thing to beat the crowds and get some early morning corduroy in!! Don't get stuck in VT after lifts shut as public busses wouldn't let skis on (unless this has changed) so we ended up forking out €50 or something just to travel 15 mins down the valley on a tour bus. Have fun!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Make sure you ski down the valley to St Martin. Must do runs include Jerusalem. Allemands is always a fave for us too.
Chalet du Sunny (just below the top Sunny Express chair) has a DJ in the later part of the afternoon.
La Ferme in Reberty is a popular lunch spot and also good in the evenings.
For a splurge-head to Chez Pepe Nicolas which is a little way out of the village off the road to VT-or ski to it on La Chasse piste at lunchtime.

You can't really get stuck in VT..If you don't go back via the top route, Just ski BVD Cumin to Les Men. It might be a bit of a walk up to the road as you come into Les Menuires, but then there are the free resort buses to get you back to your bit of the resort.
If you are getting a 3V pass-then things open up even more...and it would take too long to list options. First thing in the morning, it might be worth getting up to top of Mont de la Chambre and skiing down Venturons to and beyond to go up Mont Vallon and ski the Combe du Vallon. Just be sure you don't head to the run called Ours at the bottom (flat and long), get the chair off to the right and go back up that way.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
riman8,
You were unlucky to be stuck in Val Thorens. Presumably Boulevard De Cumin was closed then?

Otherwise you could have skied back to Les Menuires from VT when you missed the lift connection...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
oops! I've just spotted Perty's similar advice.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We had stayed late and it was getting dark after a bit of après and thought the public bus would take us - just saying that if you do want to take the bus public isn't an option...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi all, looking at LM for the first week of April; with one complete beginner 10yo and three intermediates of varying standards is there still likely to be enough snow left around to make things fun? The alternative of course is heading further up to VT...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy