Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Correct piste-map for Morillon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been looking at on-line piste-maps for Morillon/Grand Massif and there seems to be some variation in what lifts are shown.

e.g. Getting from Morillon over to Flaine. It looks like Lies Esserts/Bergin, then either Vielles or Billolaire. However, some maps show Lanches, but this seems to have stopped in 2017. Others show L'Airon as being closed. So, how does one get to the Tete de Saix/Grand Vans and over to the far side of Flaine?

Equally, some show a new lift between Morillon and Samoens, but some not.

What's the story?

LR
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi LR

on this thread - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=133709#3186681

There is a discussion on the new lift Coulouvrier which replaced Lanches.

I was in Morillon over Xmas and took the kids down the blue from top of Sairon to Coulouvrier to check out the new lift. It was tough - that blue has steep ice stretches that had folk all over the shop. We preferred to go down to Les Carroz and then up to Tete de Saix from there. Its a shame really, the new chair should make things so much quicker and it is a great fast chair. Hopefully next year they will sort out the piste down to it.

We are out there again next week, with the kids we will probably stick a lot to Morillon anyway but when out on my own I will head straight to Coulouvrier as the quickest way to start the journey across to Flaine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the info. Does sound like the situation with map and new lifts is confusing. Hopefully it'll be OK, but it sounds like it could use some snow, and I don't see any forecast.

Not too worried about the difficulty of the run, we're all *reasonably* competent (famous last words!).

Enjoy next week, we'll probably pass each other at some point wink

LR
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LittleRob, snow is always welcome, but things are still in great shape at the moment. We skied Les Carroz, Morillon and Samoens today and where there is so much snow and it has been so cold pistes are holding up really well. Probably nicer than it was at all last season, and amongst the best (apart from powder) of this season. The top up last week made a difference, too.

There seem to be both old and new piste maps in circulation at the moment, so just check that when you get yours it's the one with Coulouvrier shown on it.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You can download piste maps from the Grand-Massif website - they have LD and HD versions.

https://winter.grand-massif.com/lift-map

They also have an interactive one which shows which lifts and pistes are open - although I am not convinced it is accurate and the app seems better to me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Brownpack, we're not convinced by the accuracy of either the app or the interactive piste map in terms of what is open. Think they may not have realised yet that people expect immediate updates as things change .........

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 6-02-18 21:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm waiting for live satellite technology so you can see what's open and watch yourself skiing......
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Brownpack, I rather hope not.......it's bad enough thinking you skied a piste badly without being presented with the evidence. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Two ways to go as follows:

Morillon gondola to 1100 esserts, sairon chair to top of sector, chars piste then up new coulouvrier chair to têtes des Saix, blue and red piste down to vernants chair, tourmalines blue into flaine.

Morillon gondola to 1100 esserts, sairon chair to top of sector, down Coombe blue and red to Gron chair, up gron to molliets, down blue marmotte to têtes des Saix chair. Up to têtes chair blue and red piste down to vernants chair, tourmalines blue into flaine.

First method is quickest.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jirac18 On the interactive map https://winter.grand-massif.com/interactive-ski-map neither the Coulouvrier, nor the Têtes des Saix chair are shown as open. Is it the case that they sometime are not, or is the map wrong?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@LittleRob, Têtes des Saix chair was open 20 minutes ago when we were there, and Coulouvrier was shown as open on the hand-written board at the bottom of Sairon lift. It's showing Bergin as open, and it's not - there was a huge snow bank to stop you from accessing it when we went past an hour or so ago.

We find the Grand Massif app more accurate (and easier to use) but even it is not always up to date.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It is worth thinking about not always following the herd to Flaine. It makes for very pleasant skiing elsewhere!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ian999, +1 Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@LittleRob, I’m kind of old fashioned in that if I need to I use a paper map but tbh I know the gm pretty well so never really use that. I tend to where I fancy at the time. I agree with others that to rush to flaine is to rush to a madding crowd. Loads of great skiing elsewhere in the gm too
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks to everyone for the advice. As Doris Day would say "que sera, sera". Looking forward to it, though it looks like it might be a snowy drive.

Hope everyone enjoys their half-term experiences!

LR
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy