Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BA - Heathrow to Innsbruck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Using this flight in a few weeks time. Saturday morning at 8:30 (we are flying from Glasgow on the Friday night and staying at hotel close to the terminal). Just wondering about timings? Scheduled to take 2 hours but I normally use the Edinburgh to Innsbruck flight and it takes 2 hours.
Does the flight take the 2 hours or are they just accounting for delays?
Hoping to be in Stuben by 12-1 so we can get a few hours skiing.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
throw the flight number in google & check the tracking websites.
That way you can see the average flight time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@boabski, They are accounting for delays which - given the BA/LHR combo - are pretty much inevitable
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hope that they can land wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't say that. Shocked We're heading off on that flight this Saturday.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I think (from memory) the actual air time itself is roughly 100 minutes. Taking off on time from Gatwick or Heathrow is another matter entirely. Good luck!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
olderscot wrote:
Don't say that. Shocked We're heading off on that flight this Saturday.

Only thing stopping the flight landing this Saturday would be fog. Just a little snow forecast for Saturday and I cant believe it would affect flights from landing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's the first time I've looked at those online tracking sites and they're a mine of information.

Scheduled Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Average Duration: 1 hour 50 minutes
Average Departure Delay: 10 minutes

Looks good enough to me.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This famous LHR-INN flight didn't quite make it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Eagle_International_Airlines_Flight_802 Just thought I'd helpfully mention it.

@boabski, I use T5 all the time and I find that flights nearly always push back on schedule these days. The delay at LHR is if there's much of a queue for take off. I've been on that INN flight a few times and the good news is that luggage delivery and passport control is pretty swift, although you might run into a few charter flight arrivals on a Saturday which is bound to slow things down, and the arrivals hall gets chaotic then. All being well you'd be out by 12:00-12:30 local time so getting to Stuben by 12-1 is impossible. It's about a 1:30-2:00 drive and if you are hiring a car you have to allow more time for all that stuff. I think you'll be lucky to get on skis that afternoon.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our drive Innsbruck-Lech never was longer than 1.30 h.
So Innsbruck-Stuben should definitely be not more than 1.30 h
But indeed it will be busy saturdaymorning on Innsbruck. Check the number of Dutch flights Toofy Grin

We used to arrive at Innsbruck at 08.30/09.00. Arrival at the hotel (private taxi) in Lech 10.15. Some breakfast, rental, 11.30 on piste. We don't do that anymore because it meant getting up at 04.30. Shocked
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I didn't know there was an Edinburgh to innsbruck direct flight
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@kb36, Tui. You can book direct or cheaper through ski-flights.com. Good flight times

Thanks folks.

Have used Innsbruck pretty much every year for last 15 years and always found the luggage super quick albeit that the baggage reclaim area can be a bit crammed.
Compared with Edinburgh airport who took just under an hour to start getting the luggage on the carousel (Innsbruck flight was the only one at the time rolling eyes )
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
the thing about LHR is that it can take 20-30 minutes to taxi and queue for take off
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy