Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

17-24 March, Chamonix, Flaine, Les Arcs or Les Deux Alpes ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there ! Smile
I will be in France at 17-24 March and debating with myself regarding the above options for a spring ski week.
I am fairly new skier, although I am already riding comfortably reds and blacks (not the bumby/icy blacks) and plan to be on piste.
Any advice regarding which site can be expected to have the best snow on piste at that time ?
Thanks for the help.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Arcs no contest if you're a piste basher
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@shaharke, welcome.

I spend the winters in Chamonix and must agree with @red 27, in your shoes it would be Les Arcs
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks @HammondR, @red 27
Apart from Les Arcs being great for piste skiing, is it known to hold snow well on mid March ?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@shaharke, it's been an almost record breaking season with a huge base of snow. And the snow making in Les Arcs is very good. And 17th March is not that late season anyway. So you have no worries. And yes for piste skiing Les Arcs would be my recommendation - although I've not been to Flaine - only the other 3.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@shaharke, as @Layne says mid March is not late season, but spring is on its way. Of the 3 I would go to Les Arcs as my first choice (I will be there over Easter) , followed my Chamonix, well not actually Chamonix but Argentière, which is not what you are looking for.

If you are not fond of " bumby/icy blacks" then beware the blacks in Les Arcs are largely unpisted (blacks should not be bashed) and are usually 2km plus mogul fields. Almost all the reds are bashed with only a couple left "au natuelle" so you should be OK. For the type of skier you describe yourself as I would look for accomodation in Vallandry
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks @Layne, @johnE, and everyone for your advice.
I will most likely take it, and with some assistance from your favorite god/goddess, and luck, (and being physically prepared too, that might help Smile ) will report back with how it went.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy