Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andalo Italy - anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

Could someone who has been to Andalo, Italy give me a basic review, what’s good, not so good

Thank you in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went there in February 1996 so it is not that fresh in my memory! However I can remember really liking the ski area. Some tree lined runs, some easy off piste higher up. Very good snowcover when I was there. Generally a very scenic place.

I stayed in a hotel in the village and seem to remember walking a short way carrying skis to the slopes. It is not a ski to the door type of place.

It was only my third ski hol and I had a great time.

I do recall that not much English was spoken by my Italian instructor. "looky looky...follow me, bottom to the mountain..." was his entire English vocabulary it seemed. Yet my skiing improved quite a lot. Toofy Grin

Hope someone who has been there more recently can give some more info.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I went on a school trip in the 80s. I don't remember much but I can recall the following:

Long walk in ski boots from our youth hostel to the lift.
Lovely ski area, not large, but picturesque with a view of Lake Garda from the top.
One of those weird step-in cattle truck lifts, I'm sure that's gone by now.
Delicious pizzas (this is a time when dedicated pizza restaurants were rare in the UK).
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it out of fashion? Also my first ski trip there in the mid 80s, first time ever in mountains with snow, wearing an assortment of ski clothes borrowed from "rich" neighbours. Can't remember a thing.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I was there about four years ago, its small, very very small, the other upside is you can ski pretty much no matter the weather due to the tree cover. I quite enjoyed my week there but my distance was limited as I was working on a school trip as rep at the time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ok I can beat you all...so far! i skied there for my first school trip in 1977! eeks that's a life time ago and consequently i can't remember much, but I do remember it was a very nice town and compact ski area.

Enjoy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
1979 for me, first experience on a school trip. Hated that “cattle truck” lift with a passion, scared the life of me especially on the way back down. Was determined to be able to ski back to the village Before the eeek was up to avoid the damn thing.

Sorry, no memory of the resort other than that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linked with pagenella.
quiet resort but I enjoyed it.
American ski team where using part of it for training when I was there.
Really good restaurant on top with views of the lake.
Gondola in centre of town and a sketchy ski bus service.
I'd go back no bother
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy