Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ways to seriously hurt yourself whilst off-piste...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Back when I was doing seasons, a guests who I'd guided (and taken an on-piste shortcut) thought he'd take the same route on his own.

However, he got lost in the white out that day and fell in the off-piste, landing with his feet above his head... and only discovered he was on the edge of a 50m cliff face when the clouds/fog cleared just as he did the roll-over-to-get-your-feet-below-you manouevre and his feet went past the point of no return, and over the cliff.

Naturally, this was in full view of 3 crowded chairlift queues below, who voiced a collective gasp of horror as he fell all 50m. The pisteurs didn't even look for a pulse.

And were therefore somewhat taken aback when they went to cut him out of (something) to make it easier to get the body in the stretcher and he sat up and yelled at them not to make a mess of his lovely new ski pants.

Broken hips, ribs, leg, ankle, wrists, etc. Embarassed Embarassed
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Cliffs below a roller anyone?

Not cliffs but rocks below roller.

This was in one of the snowhead bash. Me and another snowhead was skiing off the side of piste (actually, cutting between a piste the winds around the side of the mountain).

Another snow head went down on the piste and was waiting for us below. So he got a full view of the little incident.

Our route led us to a roller. I was on the left and my partner in crime on the right, on parallel course. I was a bit more timid so chose to stop at the rollover point so I could inspect what's below the roller. The other snowhead was more optimistic. He crested the roller and continued on with some speed...

The snowhead watching from below said later "I was thinking to myself... He's going to hit those rocks..."

I heard some clanking noise to my right. Turn to see his skis bouncing over the rocks, he tried to save it, until one ski popped off and battle of balance was lost.

No injuries except a bit of pride.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is the cliff that I went off just missing those X shaped rocks.

Below is really steep though the photo does not show it, but you can tell from my mate's skin tracks.

I ski pass it a couple of times a season and think how lucky I was.

Mates went up and found my lost ski in the summer
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Weathercam,

how did you manage that? It's not exactly a hidden feature is it? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Weathercam, That is HUGE
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@jedster, I ask myself that every time I go past it Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Here's one I did a few years back:

Snow conditions were so good I came away with just happy memories from that one!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Found ourselves wondering why lots of tracks seemed to have gong around a flat bit of snow. Turns out there's a lake there.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a close one when in very bright conditions on an EOSB I was blinded by a face shot and failed to see the rocks below a lip. Fast forward to 25 secs, afraid the sun overwhelmed the camera.

http://youtube.com/v/1s0sn2sOR3A
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Scarpa, for once, for once, the intelligent use of a go pro that others might actually want to watch...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Falling down a tree well.....uurrgghh
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@under a new name, Cheers. A Go Pro might have had better exposure, this was a cheaper Contour Roam, but it does fit snugly to the side of a lid, it withstands crashes very well Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We'd had no lunch after an epic powder filled morning. Clouds came in, we chose a few pints instead of food, then hit the trees for some freshys, and with our slight buzz we were charging. We find this great looking drop, I was already below it, didn't fancy hiking back up, ski buddy decides it's time to get sendy. I talk him through it, both of us ignoring the fact he'd had about 1.5m of landing at speed and a 90 degree right hand turn followed by 90 deg left hander to escape the trees blocking the exit... Probably why this drop as still fresh snow all round!

Of course, he gets wrapped round the trees, we laugh. He's on his belly with his knees bent, and skis up his back, the tips coming over his shoulder. As he's looking round navigating into an easier position to get up, the tip of skis comes at him, right in the mouth. I heard that 'ting' sound, like when you flick a metal table, we laugh again until the horror hits me that his front teeth have all been snapped in half, and I can see the nerves of said teeth. Lot of pain that night for him.

Other time, nice easy powder field, not much gradient, so absolutely charging and loving life. Other ski buddy, suddenly disappears in a cloud of snow - big guy at 6' 4", with BC Noctas. I can see an orange skis and poles yard sale, and the some yellow from his ski pants, then the green of his ski boots (all in the air, flipping). I stop, fall over laughing. This guy never falls,he's the best skier in our group and we're skiing effectively a green run. He's hit a shark fin, core shot to the wood, gloves off, only slightly winded and ego bruised.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy