Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK retailer sales... Ellis Brigham/TSA, Snow and Rock etc.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
When do the sales typically start on this season's gear at the main UK retailers?

I have my eye on a pair of boots that I don't need for 2 weeks. I could order online for a 10% saving on the RRP now or bide my time for the shops to reduce them further.

With half term underway I was imagining the sales would kick in imminently. What do you reckon?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
probably the day after they sell the last pair in your size Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
likely after February.
10% isn't a massive saving.
Assuming you are comfortable buying boots online rather than getting them fitted, may as well buy now.
Personally I'd go along to the store get them properly fitted and see if they will reduce further. Im' sure that EB and SR used to ship stock from all stores if they don't have it in stk.
Remember that around London you have a fair number of smaller independents too. Finches, Bartlett, Profeet, Captains Cabin, Europa ski lodge.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Adam123, Unless you have already tried the boots and know that they fit perfectly, or will fit perfectly with minor adjustment, buying boots because they are cheap is false economy. The only time I have bought boots online, it was to replace exactly the same model/size that I already had, so no risk involved.

You can get away with a practically any other item of equipment being slightly the wrong size, but not with boots.

Anyway, back to the discount, you should be able to get 10-15%, any time of the season. Larger discounts are usually reserved for unpopular items/colours, or sizes at the extreme ends of the range.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The thing about UK sales nowadays really is that they tend to be in full flow, all of the time. It's the only way they can compete with the online retailers. The boxing day sale runs straight into the jan/feb new-stock sale which runs straight into the easter sale which runs into the pre-summer sale which runs into the summer sale which runs into the post-summer sale which runs into the black friday sale which runs into the christmas sale. and repeat.

I call into outdoorsy shops a lot to see what's on offer this week. But expecting particular sales to start at particular times is more difficult these days IMO.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can try asking them to price-match, if you've seen them for a certain price online.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The old adage of buy cheap, buy twice couldn’t be more applicable to ski boots. Snow and Rock have admitted on another thread that their policy is to sell the boots that are closest match to your feet, even if they don’t actually fit!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I bought my boots from Ellis Brigham. I first went in around April and they had some great deals (30-50% off). Spent some time with a boot fitter but couldn't find a pair that quite had that perfect fit, wasn't pressured into buying a pair at all, they just recommended that I come back early in the actual season when they had all new stock in with wider variety of fit
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As has been said, if you know that the boot will fit - ie replacing current boots with new model - then EB is good in that they’ll fit for free as long as it was bought from them.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I seem to remember it's March before the ski sales kick in....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In fairness to our friends at Slush and Rubble, they do have some pretty healthy discounts on previous season stock boots. so it they suity and fit, a good deal can be had.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy