Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

For those of a certain age we present

Poster: A snowHead
Volkl clearly didn't do their name brainstorming in British playgrounds of the 80s:

https://www.voelkl.com/en/whattheski/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
...or someone who won the ski naming contest was playing a very clever and non PC long game
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Because naming your ski after a low ranking member of the clergy makes so much more sense. rolling eyes

Hopefully this ski is the first of a series and the next will reveal how their minds are working, will it be The Bishop or The Flid?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe we'll see successiuve models renamed Entwhistle, Bruce, Butler, Beggs....

Pow day just going to get my Entwhistle 125s out
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes,

I suggest

Salomon Old Codger
(Narrow waist Piste ski)

Faction eeejot
(Fat but used on piste by incompetent youths)

Salomon Ego
(‘I ski everything, me, and have skied in total for ten weeks...)

Etc etc
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Dave of the Marmottes, You'd have to use the Deacons when there was no one else around and youd never get them to sing, Entwistles would be fat
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...stil Vanilla Ice, Jedward - now those would really be some creative ski names.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd more or less left the playground by 1980 so this is lost on me Puzzled Puzzled

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 24-01-18 12:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try Urban dictionary
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Try Urban dictionary

Not one I've heard of but considering that my daughter has cerebral palsy, I can only take comfort in the fact that she is significantly more intelligent than those who use the term.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It's pretty much redundant now and was basically a case of kids being little shits but a quick google tells me that as recently as 2006 Tiger Woods was saying that he played like a spazz in an interview.

Thankfully we do get more enlightened.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't know if we do. We used the term Joey when ridiculing someone demonstrating a lack of coordination, nothing to do with intellect. The last I heard, the current term for the same thing was Gay.

kids will do what kids do and telling them that they shouldn't won't help. Tiger Woods was in a position that he was accepting 100s of millions of dollars to be a role model and care with his language comes as part of the deal but I hear the words spazz or spack every now and again in a fairly right on work environment and no-one recoils in horror.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Maybe we're getting more into apres zone but I find etymology interesting and there is no doubt that words pass into common usage and are used without the user knowing the full context and history - I'm pretty sure that the more modern use of the term "ghey" at least by kids and or the alternate spelling by internet users was intended to reference that (the latter knowingly for sure). The BBC article on Tiger Woods has Americans claiming that they genuinely didn't know that spaz was anything other than a mild bantery insult for uncoordinated.

Maybe one day the terms "c**t" "pr**k" "d***head" will become unacceptable too and reclaimed by their group. Shakespeare probably wouldn't be happy with his creative use of insults.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Penry wrote:
Because naming your ski after a low ranking member of the clergy makes so much more sense. rolling eyes

Hopefully this ski is the first of a series and the next will reveal how their minds are working, will it be The Bishop or The Flid?

Quite fancy a pair of Volkl Dinlows myself...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@HoneyBunny, Nice. I'm maybe looking for something a little stiffer, can't wait to test the Volkl Bit of a Tit.
ski holidays
@Dave of the Marmottes, Agreed, this sort of stuff is indeed interesting.

I'm 35 and in my school days the word "Joey" was used, I had no idea at all where it came from until much later in life. We used to call people/things "gay" before we even knew what gay actually was.
snow conditions
Blimey, was the Blue Peter thing really 1981?
The derogatory use of his name obviously stuck around quite a while in school playgrounds.
latest report
Maybe it was regional to some degree – I am aware of the usage, but only because it was mentioned more recently and I looked it up. I don't remember it being of use in my school or area, or maybe I'm not old enough?
ski holidays
Well if you're going to pretend to be 21 in perpetuity...
ski holidays
"flid" went out of fashion. then "joey", "deacon" and "ernie" were the words of ridicule of the 80's at my school.
I don't think it was regional (north kent, in my case, if it was).

I'd have been about 10-11 at the time when Blue Peter did their feature. But clearly, it was still in use in the playground much later by those that were not even born at that time.
ski holidays
We had a lad in my year who was actually called Joey Deacon. Got surprisingly little agro as he was more than capable of standing up for himself.
ski holidays
Penry wrote:
@HoneyBunny, Nice. I'm maybe looking for something a little stiffer, can't wait to test the Volkl Bit of a Tit.

For something stiffer, surely you need a Volkl Beastly Deacon (thanks to Dave of the Marmottes for referring us to urban dictionary) Toofy Grin
snow report
Something else to be grateful to the Urban Dictionary for...

At work we had an equality and diversity campaign to promote the value of women in the workplace. It was felt that aligning it to the Blue Stocking Society would be a good thing but the issue of how staff could show their solidarity was a problem as the wearing of stockings have some negative connotations, especially for men. So they came up with a Blue Socks campaign which was launched with much fanfare.

Once it became widely known what the Urban Dictionary's definition of Blue Socks is (and please don't look it up if you are in any way squeamish), the campaign was left to wither. But because no-one will admit that the Urban Dictionary definition is the reason for the lack of progress, senior HR and Marketing managers still have to update on Blue Socks to much sniggering around the table.
ski holidays
Jehu wrote:
For something stiffer, surely you need a Volkl Beastly Deacon

It won't stay stiff for long. See UD's comment upon intended recipient's default reaction ( definitely not for the male and squeamish!). wink
snow report
Quote:
Urban Dictionary's definition of Blue Socks is (and please don't look it up if you are in any way squeamish),

Having just finished my dinner, I should have taken your advice. Lovely!

Incidently, I was at school in the eighties but don’t remember the term ‘Deacon’ or ‘Joey’ although the word ‘Spazz’ certainly was.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I agree, one term used in my playground was ‘Jew!’ if someone dropped or threw coins. I was certainly unaware of the anti-semetic connotations. (I thought it was ‘Dew’ anyway!
ski holidays
Wonkyski wrote:
Quote:
Urban Dictionary's definition of Blue Socks is (and please don't look it up if you are in any way squeamish),

Having just finished my dinner, I should have taken your advice. Lovely!

Incidently, I was at school in the eighties but don’t remember the term ‘Deacon’ or ‘Joey’ although the word ‘Spazz’ certainly was.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I agree, one term used in my playground was ‘Jew!’ if someone dropped or threw coins. I was certainly unaware of the anti-semetic connotations. (I thought it was ‘Dew’ anyway!

Is it anything like Blue Waffle? That is deffo not for the sensitive.
snow conditions
Don’t have a clue. And I’m not looking it up if it's anything like blue socks! You’ll have to find out yourself, if you must.
latest report
I've looked, the waffle is worse...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
I've looked, the waffle is worse...

I’ll take your word for it then!
latest report
@endoman, I’ve just looked. Really wish I hadn’t. Should’ve been warned by even Urban Dictionary just advising to look it up yourself. Nearly lost my post ski G&T. Some things can’t be unseen.
ski holidays
lol. bet you show someone else...
snow report
I looked too Sad
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy