Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's boots or not women's boots?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
That is the question....
My old ski boots are falling apart and I need to get new boots in a hurry as im going to the snow in a few weeks. I am a female racer - mostly on dendix and i was told recently that it would be wise to purchase women's specific boots as they will fit so much better but the choices of race boots are limited in the women's range.
I'm also after something that's not overly stiff around a flex of 100 would be good. Does anyone know if it's important that women wear women specific boots or not and if so, are women's boots really any good for racing? Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
death*on*the*roof, Drop a PM to CEM, on here. I'm sure he can advise on which models to go after. What you really need is a boot that fits you/performs correctly, mens/women model not too relevant IMHO Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanx wots a PM - personal message? Sorry to sound thick but im not good on abbreviations who's CEM and whats IMHO? Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi!

I'm a girlie instructor and like you, have always found the options limited for us women, particularly as I am about a size 23.5 - very small. Most of the time, boots are far too soft.

Last time round I couldn't get anything in the country small enough or stiff enough but my local shop pulled lots of strings with one of the Salomon reps and managed to get me a mens Crossmax boot as all the girlie boots were sold out. The flex was 110 but we had the option of taking out one set of the rivets if the boot was too stiff, but it was fine in the end. I had a foam inner put in it and the boots have been great and have survived two years heavy abuse. This was the first time I have ever had to buy a mens boot and I wouldn't be put off having to do it again if I had to.

I think Atomic does a girlie race boot but I could be totally wrong, but if they do, how easy it would be to come by is the next problem. Advanced girlie skiers in the UK are the minority so we're not particularly well catered for sadly.

Does that help - probably not!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah thanx. I have found a girls boot buy atomic RT CS blue (apparently a girls boot although it doesn't say so on atomic's site)
snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
death*on*the*roof, Hi, 1st a PM is a personal message between snowheads. If you look at the top r/h side of each page you will see send/read messages. This will take you to the message facility. You can contact any snowhead from here, and the system will send them a message next time they log on. CEM, is a boot fitter based in Bicester, and a regular here, I visited him this week for boot fitting adjustment. Gets my vote Very Happy Here is his website address.

http://www.solutions4feet.com/index.html

I have sent you a PM Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brilliant thanx! Little Angel
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
death*on*the*roof wrote:
Yeah thanx. I have found a girls boot buy atomic RT CS blue (apparently a girls boot although it doesn't say so on atomic's site)
snowHead

Hope you get something soon that works for you. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy