Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Madesimo - half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Thinking of arranging a last minute trip to Madesimo over half term. We've never been there before, looks good for us, would be a Monday - Friday trip so don't need a hugely extensive ski area. What I was wondering is - does it get particularly busy there over half term? What is the lift network like, or any other info for a first timer to that area?

Many thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
.....also I’ve just noticed that it’s Carneval festival Feb 13th. Is this a public holiday in Italy? I seem to remember it is in Austria. Would you expect the slopes to be a lot busier?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We've been there three times and it's good, the town is quite small but nice and the skiing is mostly tree lined but then you can go up on the cable car to the val de lei which is much more open, there are two big red runs over there. Motta is also nice. There is a really steep bit just as you come back to the town chairlift which can get a bit congested as people hesitate before throwing themselves down it. We never had any problem with queues there but we were there one Xmas, one new year and one early Easter (not great as we were skiing on water mostly).

It's very Italian family orientated, my brother is married to an Italian and lots of their Milanese friends have apartments there, it's a really easy drive from milan up past lake como.

The Italians don't have a set half term but it is definitely their carnival week this year during our half term so that might make it busier.

There are some nice restaurants and if you get the chance go on the skido tour up to the Swiss border, it's one of the best things we've ever done.

There is plenty of skiing for four days in madesimo as long as you don't mind repeating a few runs.

Hope this helps a bit.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Indy, had my first trip to Madesimo at New Year and although it was busy it wasn't manic and there were a few tree lined runs back to base which we had to ourselves. There's two chairs and a gondola out of the town and the queues weren't bad at all we favoured the gondola as it's quicker getting back up and once at Larichi you can head up over to Motta and Val de Lei or up to the top Cima Sole.

I'd definitely go back as although it's not an extensive ski area it had a great feel, very Italian Ajn12345 is spot on.

Cafe Central at the bottom of the gondola lots of friendly locals enjoying cheap beers oh and the snow was fantastic so probably helps.

We booked the trip with Phil at bella ski italia and stayed at the Emet which was decent and worth a look
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks so much for your replies. It looks like a great spot for a short break. Looks like we left it a little late for booking accommodation though, couldn’t find anything quite suitable for half term.

Bit of hasty replanning and we are off on Monday to a tiny resort in the Pyrenees- Porte de Comte.

Madesimo does look great though and definitely keen to visit, must get a bit more organised!
Thanks
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good luck in the Pyrenees...though some parts of France definitely do have school holidays next week.

Most Italian schools don't have a half-term week as such, but some regions (like Veneto) get a half week off at Carnevale. I expect it will be busy in many Italian resorts this weekend and maybe some of that will last until Tuesday, then it will go a lot quieter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy