Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Women's Disco Dancing...er Slalom

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well for once Paerson is on front of Kostelic....on the start list that is!

It's cold, cloudy and dreachy here in Sestriere and not even Paerson has had an opportunity to put some comments / excuses out just yet! Give her 20 seconds after her run has finished before they start. Don't get me wrong she is a GREAT skier but cannot acceptthe fact that she has not beaten Kostelic head to head recently in the major Games (or ever?). World Cup is a different story.

No UK interest in the race as Chemmy and her illegal skis are not taking part. Saving herself for the GS on Friday....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RacerReady wrote:
No UK interest in the race as Chemmy and her illegal skis are not taking part. Saving herself for the GS on Friday....

Really? I understood that Chemmy had been entered for the slalom and not the GS? (at least that's what the SCGB website tells me! http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/guides/page.asp?intGuideID=11&intPageID=31). That's a bu**er, as I'll miss all of Friday's action due to work commitments - I'd deliberately kept this afternoon free to keep an eye on Chemmy! Tant pis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chemmy in the Slalom wouldn't make much sense, can't see the SCGB piece in question but there is definitely no Chemmy in today's start list.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here is the start list for the Slalom.... (pdf file)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As there's no Brit I'm cheering for the youngest girl in the race, 1988-born Anne-Sophie Barthet. Watched her train and race since she was only 13, great competitor, loads of talent.

She bottled it in the Combined though, visibly nervous, I just hope she finishes today! (Bib no 30)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As usual the Caviar and Salmon washed down with Vin Chaude brigade get it wrong......tut tut!

Chemmy is not a disco dancer unless the lights are on, the tunes are loud and she can strut her stuff....and as for her slalom skiing she is the current UK Slalom Champion (and GS and Super G and Downhill and Victrix Ludorum). . . .

Dave Burt, subscribe to Racer Ready and you will be kept up to date with all the news! (another shameless plug!)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RacerReady wrote:
Caviar and Salmon washed down with Vin Chaude

Surely not; vin chaud on its own is bad enough; with caviar and smoked salmon, the mind (and the stomach) boggles.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kostelic isn't that badly placed really. With a charge in the second run, who knows. Pressure's on Paerson... can she take it?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes she did.....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
And how. Did she look relieved, or what.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Race report from RacerReady
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Iwas impressed how well the top 3 coped with what appeared on TV to be very limited visibility. Great skiing by them, I thought.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
But it looked to me as if the fog cleared spectacularly (like the Red Sea parting before Moses) before the last two racers descended the course.

It looked as if Anja Paerson struck gold in two senses. The racers with the mid start numbers seemed to have the worst of it (judged from the further visibility limitations of a TV set).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy