Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot fitting at Ski Bartlett versus SureFoot/ProFeet?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there! I am new here.
Anyone had any experience of ski boot fitting at Ski Bartlett in Hillingdon (near LHR)?
I’ve read somewhere that they provide superior fitting service and knowledge compare to more “commercially minded” ProFeet and the regular high street ski equipment shops (Snow & Rock, Ellis Brigham).
All tips appreciated x
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @SnowQueenK,
Bartletts is a proper ski shop packed to the rafters with all sorts of stuff! I've had boots from there and solutions 4 feet and both sold me a boot that was right for me at the time. And notably both the same (correct) size. I'd pick them over any of the chains every time.
Not sure what you mean about profeet, they do seem to have engaged some pushy marketing people but I've heard their fitting is excellent too (no direct experience though).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@SnowQueenK, there are lots of recommendations on here for bootfitters, including the first two you mentioned, so a search on each name and see what advice comes up
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@SnowQueenK,
I like Bartlett's. I think they are probably a bit cheaper than Profeet (but it is a cheaper location and Profeet are well respected). I'd definitely go to SB there rather than S&R or EB. My wife, son and I have all bought boots there. They spend a lot of time over fitting, don't just up sell you what they can. I'd say they err slightly on the side of comfort over high performance fit but you can steer them in the direction you want.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Current boots are from Ski Bartlett. Cannot recommend highly enough.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I recently got fitted at Bartletts. I'll happily admit I chose them because I couldn't justify the £200 fitting fee that Pro-Feet charge.

Easy to get to if you have a car, but make an appointment - don't just drop in as both times I went in they were turning people away. An appointment costs £50 and the funds can be put towards a purchase. They allocate a 2 hour fitting slot, but this is "loose" in the sense that if you need more time they will give you more time. They don't rush and allow plenty of time to try different boots; try inserts and heal lifts etc. They listen to what you as a customer are looking for - in my case a pair of boots that were comfortable - and initially had me in a 26/26.5 - I have Hobbit feet. I'll admit I wasn't convinced, but was willing to be guided. I left the boots to be stretched and a week or so later got a call saying they weren't sure that this would work and arranged another fitting.

At the second fitting we went up a size - and even tried a boot 2 sizes larger - focusing on comfort as opposed to performance. As it stands I chose the slightly snugger 27/27.5 Head Advantage 125 - fingers crossed they do the trick.

What I liked was they listened - end of the day I get that a boot needs to be tight - but the balanced this with understanding how I ski, what I am likely to be doing, what worked with previous boots and what didn't. It wasn't a sales pitch, it wasn't pressured, it was overall a positive experience.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow! Thank you All!
It’s all leaning in one direction it seems. Decision made then! Ski Bartlett it is. And I’ll be happy to support a family biz rather than a chain, too. Smile
Xx
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowheads members should get a discount Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
They do off full price items 10%
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had a pair fitted there just over a year ago. Didn't have an appointment but turned up just as they opened and it was no problem. Was there for around 2 hours and tried loads of pairs. Starting with the closest fitting size and only going up as I couldn't fit in those! 10% SCGB discount on them as they were full price. No extra fee for the fitting or anything.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@gsb, super/megas only I think.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just a quick heads-up for www.profeet.co.uk - very good service and not a 'chain' either. One shop in Fulham and lots of happy customers:
https://profeet.co.uk/plus/profeet-ski-boot-fitting-reviews/
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tubaski wrote:
Hi @SnowQueenK,
Not sure what you mean about profeet, they do seem to have engaged some pushy marketing people but I've heard their fitting is excellent too (no direct experience though).

iainm wrote:
Just a quick heads-up for www.profeet.co.uk - very good service and not a 'chain' either. One shop in Fulham and lots of happy customers:
https://profeet.co.uk/plus/profeet-ski-boot-fitting-reviews/

QED.
@iainm I assume you're still working with Profeet in a marketing capacity then?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I did wonder about that seeing his signature links....
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Of the two I've only used Bartlett, they were brilliant on all three occasions. They did my daughters boots, and she does have one or two issues that required sorting. They also did my sons, who has 'model' feet. Both went really well. As always pick your time for a visit. knowledge within the shop team is very good, I'd happily use them again in preference to others for hardware (skis and boots) and clothing.
ski holidays
@olderscot, iainm does it a lot and IMO it weakens Profeet's stance on this forum. There are plenty of brands being represented by posters but (1) the posts tend to feature useful information as well as a link to the business's website etc; and (2) they're open about their motives.

CEM is on the forum a bit at the moment and he's open about being from Solutions 4 Feet, Spyderjon is here a lot and open about being from The Piste Office, etc etc. Trying to be sly about it fools nobody (anyone can look at your post history) but IMO makes Profeet look bad for it, which does not equate to good PR.
ski holidays
I like Bartletts and think I'd be happy trusting Terry with my feet if I couldn't get in to see CEM.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy