Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amade (Schladming way) - Fun things to do with a 12 yo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I am skiing with my youngest son (12yo) in Feb Half term[1], we will be based in Schladming, but with a SkiAmade lift pass and a hire car - so free to travel around a bit.

Looking to make sure we find lots of different things to do, including all the fun slopes and skiline.cc cameras on the pistes, as well as non skiing stuff.

My list so far is below, if you know things to add to it, please let me know and I will update this top post as a complete list for others in the future.

Schladming
* Hockwurzen Funslope - side of Blue 42
* Hockwurzen Toboggan - day and night
* Planai Funslope - side of Blue 8 Super Park
* Hauser Kaibling Funslope - side of Blue 8
* Top of Hauser Kaibling - Skiline.cc Camera
* Reiteralm - filmed Slalolm side of Blue 12
* Reiteralm - speed run - side of Red 2

* Wagrain - side of Blue 40c

Radstat - small resort
* Radstadt fun slope & Timed run - side of Blue 5
* 6km sledge run Folder - Königslehen - open every day and Tues/Fri eve with additional pass. And Altenmarkt on the same mountain has a sledge run too

Eben - Very small resort
* Funslope, funpark and timed run

Zauchensee
* Skimovie Funslope at Gamskogel II - Red 6
* Skimovie giant slalom at Kogelalm
* Skiline Photopoints at Rosskopf and Gamskogel II
* Train like the world champions: Two locked training-slopes (for slalom or giant slalom) and the Skimovie timed sections are available for the sporty skiers at the Kogelalm.
* Easy-Park at excerciselift - The small but fine beginners-park is perfect for all those who want to smell a little "funpark-air". Small ski jumps and a few elements can give the special change to the "park-rookies".

Others
* Swimming in Altenmarkt - pool with a few slides
* Flachau Lucky Flitzer Alpine Coaster
* Planai Ski Show - Sunday, 11.02.2018 - https://www.schladming-dachstein.at/en/schladming/winter/welcome-show

Thanks very much
Kev

[1] The 16yo is also out with us, but doing a week Slalom and GS training with Glen from Gravity, so we wont see much of him!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 3-02-18 18:58; edited 8 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The pool in Altenmarkt is good fun, although will probably be busy with school groups in the evenings (they usually go at 7ish) so I would go straight off the slopes,
In Flachau, next to the achterjet there is a toboggan type run (not on snow) which is pretty good fun.
There’s a skittle alley in one of the posher hotels in Rohrmoos.
My kids enjoyed the speed camera on Planai (just below schaf alm restaurant) and also the music slope.
I think they do a ski display on the Planai on a Sunday evening, and also in Ramsau there is a ski display with various skiers, xcountry skiers, skidoos and piste bashers which is quite entertaining. It’s on the bottom slope of Rittisberg ( but not sure which night).
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KevWal, The swimming pool is in Altenmarkt not Radstadt - Therme Amade, its fab.

Zachensee has fun slopes and two camera slopes - one is a tandem slalom.

Radstadt has a fun slope and a 7km sledge run - open every day and Tues/Fri eve with additional pass. And Altenmarkt on the same mountain has a sledge run too.

Hochwurzen has night skiing - additional pass and night sledge.

Flachauwinkl has a fun slope

Reiteralm has a fun slope
Eben has a short fun slope

There are several sledge runs not on the same mountains as the pistes, and, I think Ramsau has a track where you sit in the rubber ring thing and slide down a track- I cant remember what that is called!
Oh - and sledge runs cant be done in ski boots.

You will need more than a week to get through that lot.

HTH Ange snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@KevWal, my 16yo is also on the training camp with Glen.

Last year most of the adults and the children not on the camp met up first thing in the morning and went off together. Might be some similar aged company for your youngest. Are you staying in the Winterer?

If you get there early enough on Saturday I believe you can ski for free on the next day’s pass after 3pm.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks James / Ange / Paul for all the info, much appretiated.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy