Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice please....

Poster: A snowHead
Been playing around with my new flows in the bedroom (as every adult does!!).. and my back foot releases a lot easier than my front foot. Surely the release pressure should be the same. My front foot requires real pressure to release. Are they designed that way??

How do you adjust the pressures? Can you adjust the prelease pressure? They are ProF11's if anyone can help wink
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kevin Robertson, are the cables set equally and do they have the same tension and are the high-backs equal . . . read the booklet thatcame with them wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done that and I'll have a play tonight......booklet says nothing about release catches though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kevin Robertson, with no boots or any tension on the cable do the levers clip in and out if the hi-back with equal force? If they don't you may have have a faulty spring-clip. Otherwise it just sounds like your cable lengths are different and you've got unequal tension. Do your levers have a captive knurled knob in the cable lever?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A captive curled what???? I am taking them back to where I got them from wednesday lunchtime so they can sort it out. Too much technology for my liking!! Thanks anyway Masque
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Laughing Laughing Laughing that was fun Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Me and Kim are new boarders I'm late thirties, paunchy and a bit unfit although very sporty in my youth. Thing is we both went boarding in Bulgaria last year and the bug bit.

Adice please - We need advice on what boot baord binding combo is good for a beginner

I'm thinking Either Burton Moto or Flow Justice strapped onto a Nidecker Chill 160 by Flow Amp5's or MK3's as I found getting up very difficult and tiring with standard bindings
Kim, who is younger, fitter and better ius considering Burton Moto and maybe same bindings and not sure of board but all in budget each will not be more than £350
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nick'n'Kim wrote:
Me and Kim are new boarders I'm late thirties, paunchy and a bit unfit although very sporty in my youth. Thing is we both went boarding in Bulgaria last year and the bug bit.

Hello - you are amongst friends here... lol - except I don't have a paunch Very Happy I'm also *cough* late 30's and only discovered boarding last year.... well, I kinda knew it was there but other hobbies consumed till then... I'm having a career break. Anyway - welcome Very Happy and you can now get back to bindings... Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nick'n'Kim, welcome to the asylum, to be straight with you there's little to differentiate between the hundreds of mid-level, mid-price boards on the market. They'll all do you fine, just pick a good retailer for an easy returns policy if things go tits-up and you buy to suit your height, weight and preferred terrain. Bindings are a question of taste and boot. If you go for Flow binings just make sure that your boots slide easily under the pad, otherwise go for straps ... there 'ain't' that much in it 'cept weight and this years Flows are much lighter.

As for getting up after clipping in ... it's just a question of fewer pies and more effort Embarassed

Sort your boots first comfort and fit is the first rule.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Masque wrote:
Nick'n'Kim,

Sort your boots first comfort and fit is the first rule.

Agreed, after you've had a taste you'll feel temptation to 'upgrade'. Forget it. Just get the boots right, if you have any confusion or 'heel lift' look towards Salomon.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kevin Robertson, get some proper bindings. That'll sort out the problem. wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Cheeky......Mr g......jeoulousy gets you nowhere- same as my bindings then!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kev, seriously, I can see you getting very wound up next week if the Flows don't play ball. Stick with the tried and tested strap ins. You know it make sense. wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Don't worry mate....slight problem but nothing that can't get sorted.....me get wound up.....I never thump the snow!!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for your help, comfort is important to me and I was reading that Flow boots are supposed to fit better with their bindings, I quite like the Justice boots. assuming they are comfy, any feedback on how they perform, bearing in mind I spent most of the time on my backside being used as a slalom pole by skiers who loved skidding snow in my face ( as an ex skier, I have have total respect for boarders because it is far more difficult to learn)
snow report
Quote:

Been playing around with my new flows in the bedroom

Kev, what have we told you about playing with things in the bedroom?? Laughing
snow conditions
I'd recommend that you go to a decent UK retailer, they all know thair onions and the staff don't make commission, so they're giving you honest advice. After all, an unhappy customer won't be back and that's the last thing they want.

Big boys like TSA don't get that way by giving shoddy advice or selling innapproprate gear
ski holidays
Quote:

I found getting up very difficult and tiring with standard bindings

as another beginner (far older than anyone else round here, I bet, but no paunch) I'd be interested to know from someone more knowledgeable whether type of bindings make any difference to ease of getting up. It hadn't occured to me that it would (I have Flows). I cop out, and nearly always get up onto my toe edge, facing the hill, which is very easy.
latest report
Quote:

Quote:

I found getting up very difficult and tiring with standard bindings

..........just don't fall over/stop Laughing rolling eyes Toofy Grin

pam w, getting up? i haven't found it makes a difference what bindings your wearing once your in your bindings. There's nothing wrong with copping out and getting up on your toe edge, it takes a lot less energy, but it can mean that you have to do the falling leaf for a bit if it's the only side you can get up on and your not conifdent in throwing in turn when there's not much space left on that side of the piste.
latest report
pam w, Dan, As someone who should know better I nearly always opt for toe-side to get up on milder slopes. As Dan points out, just put that turn in straight away and off you go. Go on, give us a clue to age, I'm gunning for 54. Any other takers? Very Happy
ski holidays
Shouldnt have to sit down to put on flows though?? When I used them I very rarely sat down.
latest report
prog99, Good point!
snow report
[
Quote:

as another beginner (far older than anyone else round here, I bet, but no paunch)

But you're a girl as is HK who also denied having a paunch. Paunch is a guy thing isn't it?. Back to point. Try this for getting up.
1. Sit with board uphill of you and perpendicular to slope
2. Do backwards roll
3. As board passes over head, push with arms, arc body, and sping to feet

No I can't do it either
snow report
[quote="Nick'n'Kim"][
Quote:
Paunch is a guy thing isn't it?.
I think the ladies refer to theirs as a 'widow's apron'
snow report
Getting up gets easier on steeper slopes - I found it a nightmare getting up from a flat-ish nursery run and nearly gave up! I still struggle sometimes though and just rollover onto my knees, sideways thouhg rather than doing backwards rolls etc.

ps: your tummy muscles will get used to it as you get better. failing that, do a few sit ups Smile
ski holidays
For the record I have a finely toned six pack, however, my tummy thinks I'm a seal
snow report
I have a six pack too.

Its in the fridge at home waiting to be intruduced to its date for the evening - Miss Vindaloo.

God, I love Fridays,,,, Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy