Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiers Are Better Than Snowboarders . . .

Poster: A snowHead
At helping out fellow sH's. Now that I have got your attention, come on guys . . . get off your @r$e$ and help out here snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IncogSkiSno, no, a serious question demands a considered and serious answer. Of course skiers are better than snowboarders. In every conceivable manner. They're even better at snowboarding than snowboarders.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, So . . . would I be right in guessing that you're not a Knuckledragger then! Laughing Twisted Evil
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's been a long time since both factions have been at each others throats! So just for fun and old times sake........Skiers are gay!!!! wink
No offence to gays....sorry for associating skiers with you.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
IncogSkiSno, nor a hillfrog either.

Richie, I do have a cowboy hat I will admit...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In the early days a lot of snowboarders were failed skiers . . .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Simply because they will never be hillfrogs wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NickW wrote:
In the early days a lot of snowboarders were failed skiers . . .

very true, but then along came pocket rockets and blades Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ise, oh dear, yes, indeedy...

203s rule in powder....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
obviously I was being facetious (a little anyway), but it's true to a degree, modern skis are better, more fun in some ways and more versatile and blades are another option so people have more choice than a few years back.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ise wrote:
obviously I was being facetious (a little anyway), but it's true to a degree, modern skis are better, more fun in some ways and more versatile and blades are another option so people have more choice than a few years back.

Gettaway next you'll be trying to tell us hetrosexual people use snowblades wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DB wrote:
ise wrote:

Gettaway next you'll be trying to tell us hetrosexual people use snowblades wink

Laughing NehNeh Laughing and that the gay community wear spandex for 'aerodynamics'. Laughing Razz Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got to say, having initially stirred the pot, and I've said this before >> Snowboarding was the best thing that ever happened to skiing. Improved the gear and skis themselves no end.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
saxabar, I've yet to meet a hetrosexual blader.

Sorry I Lie, I did meet one......she was lovely.......

Boarders rule, no cutting the mountain into moguls, no all in one flourescent suits, no wine spritzers.

Snowboarding made snow fashion easy on the eye, made a winter holiday more appealing to a different type of person and brought prices down as no one wanted to mix with snobs on a holiday.....

That's my opinion anyway.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Why is it that when snowboarders learn how to carve, and want to do it, rather than scrape the snow off the hill, the first thing they do is put on SKI boots?
latest report
Wear The Fox Hat, I've never had to wear plastic boots, just comfy snow boots that fit snuggly into my bindings.

Did I mention that I can also walk in them without looking like I had a serious leg or groin injury (even though I have had both groin and leg injuries, serious to make me still limp to this day)........

I love skiers, they have as much right to be on the mountain as any one else, but I just wish they didn't hate boarders as much as they do.
snow report
boarderjim, I have no problem with boarders who can board without trashing the hill by scraping the fresh stuff off, or who know where is a safe place to stop and sit down.
I even give boarders a tow when they are on the flats.
I've had a girl boarder ski on my skis with her soft board boots. (there is a story to this one.)

I will say this much: I've never met a bad/rude/irresponsible boarder at Alta or Deer Valley.
ski holidays
Wear The Fox Hat, I went to Banff a couple of times and although there are some awesome runs, the actual resort and nightlife were giving boarders a bad name..... you know the types........

However, in France, I've found that the boarders are the polite ones and the skiers are rude. A good mate of mine took a big spill in January, right in front of a group of stationary skiers and not one of them went to help or enquire if he was alive.

Then they all just skied off past him...... madness.........

Only problem I have with skiers is the moguls and those awful, awful all in one suits...... why? Do they not have eyes?

Do they wake up every morning, get dressed into their all in one jump suit with the neon colours and the hideous design, look in the mirror and say "looking good" to themselves.

You'd think someone who knew them would say something......

snowHead Cool Blue
ski holidays
i only have a problem with people who congregate right around the top of ski lift exits for a chat and a read of a map..
get out of the fking way will you .. there are usually acres of space to get your 15 person group together to decide what to do ..
also what ahve you been doing on the chair.. that seems the ideal spot to decide what to bloody well do..
it especially dogs me off when i see beginners getting really nervous and worrying about hitting one of these buffoons..

also while im ranting, groups of public school teenage girls singing songs from the sound of music and thinking it hugely original and amusing for everyone around them.. er no it isnt ..
and whooping.. please save that for america
snow report
CANV CANVINGTON, Right on my brother. POWER TO THE BOARDER! Blue
snow report
boarderjim, I suppose they think to themselves "Will this keep me warm and dry all day? Yes. Will wearing it adversely affect my own or anybody else's ability to ski safely? No. Well, alright then, I'm good to go"

Honestly, I simply can't understand this obsession that many snowboarders have with what other people are wearing on the slopes. For a sport that prides itself on its "Devil-may-care, make-your-own-rules, to-hell-with-convention" attitude, you seem to be a remarkably conformist bunch when it comes to adhering to your own self-imposed dress codes. rolling eyes

Now, don't get me wrong, I'd certainly never choose to wear one of those day-glo monstrosities myself, but I'm not going to criticise anyone else if that's what they want to wear.

Sorry, rant over! Very Happy
snow report
CANV CANVINGTON, whooping is obligatory in good, deep powder. Otherwise one would explode with the sheer joy of it.

boarderjim, what's wrong with moguls? They're the best bit after spring snow, powder and all those nordic girls with pigtails (c.f. Kari Traa).
snow report
johno, I hear you mate, but as you suggested "I'd certainly never choose to wear one of those day-glo monstronsities myself", the only question to ask is: if they have friends or people who care about them, why don't they tell them that they look like complete and utter p*icks?

Don't think boarders get it any better, we'll gladly turn on one of our own 'gay on a tray' if they've got no fashion sense.

I thinks it's more to do with the changing perspectives of society and how fashion conscious we have all become.........

Very deep.

Must be drunk.........no still at work......

I've no problems really as it doesn't affect my life at all, but for the hilarity element and an opportunity for banter, those romper suits are pure class.....

I'm obviously too cool for school.
Cool
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy