Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A handy little app for all things groupwise: Tricount

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So with 10 of us out at Kappl / Ischg this week meaning that different parties disappearing off to different bars, or differing parts of the slopes for coffee, yest still expecting everyone to chip in for the breakfast croissant run, the concept of the 'kitty' was going to cause potential strain. Until one of the us found the free Tricount app. I am nowt to do with company or app, but found it marvelous for reducing stress.

A genius little Android and Apple app, where you create the group of names ( like a WhatsApp group), and load on each of the various phones: you enter those bills you pay, along with ticking the beneficiaries. So if someone paid the car hire, then all 10 were party to it - but a round of drinks for 6, only they were tagged. YOU can even juts have 1 other beneficiary , e.g. when someone forgot their card and was bought their skipass by a mate.

It then works out each person's 'balance' - so for example on returning the two hire cars, we were able to immediately see who was slightly in the 'red' and they picked up the bill for the petrol re-fill. At the end of the trip, it identifies who owes what to whom, ( e.g "Dave owes Fred €156" ) and the whole thing is sorted in minutes.

It meant no-one ducked a round, we didn't need to keep going to the cash machine, no-one person was 'blessed' with being kitty meister.

Brilliant. and highly recommended for group trips. Shall use again.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Goodbye Excel spreadsheet, thanks for the tip, will give it a tryout
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Arctic Roll, Sounds excellent and just what I neeed twenty years ago when our group got to almost 25 with 5 families and a few extras snowHead
We had to make do with a fairly comprehensive spreadsheet masterminded by a IT bloke and an accountant!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just need an add on to allocate the Filet Mignon + Lobster plus Veuve to the person that ordered it when everyone else is having pizza and an Amstel.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dave of the Marmottes, I think you can get that with the paid for version! But agree, *THOSE* people are a PITA
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have just forwarded this on to the member of our team that is sorting out the finances for the team from last weeks trip and then we can fill in all the necessary - could be interesting if it all works - think a few guides I know will find it useful too
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
our kitty involves, if you cant keep up, then you missout
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy