Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Niseko - Must dos?

Poster: A snowHead
We have 6 days in Niseko coming up and I was wondering what are the things we "Must do". looking for advice on both runs/areas to ski and what to do in the evening! This is assuming we will not have a guide (if we can afford to get one we will, but It's probably out of our budget) Advanced skiers, we will have our touring gear with us too.

thx.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a day at Rusutsu. Great tree runs, good angles and it's all open.😁
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mick's; Enishi (above Mick's); Ginger; Gyu Bar

Niseko Moiwa; Rusutsu; Kiroro

Hike the peak at Niseko
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@BenAS, Yukoro Onsen became part of our daily routine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Rent a car - go onsen directly after skiing - find the map of onsen in the area, and visit different onsen away from Hirafu.

When visiting Rusutsu go to Makkari onsen on the way home: http://www.makkarionsen.com/

Learn to enjoy onsen. Annupuri has many nice onsen.

When hiking the peak of Niseko ( Annupuri-San) you can ski down to Goshiki onsen - need a pick up from there or hike up again.

http://www.niseko-ta.jp/resort/?lang=en&s_id=87&SN4d2ba6d4a6756=bgaenkiw
And many others.

Buy day by day tickets both for skiing and onsen.

Do not ski forbidding areas!

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Sun 28-01-18 13:35; edited 6 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Eat at the “Hurry Slowly” restaurant near the bottom of Lower Hirafu. You need to book in advance, but it’s a great meal.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Surprised no one has mentioned the Cat Skiing operation at Weiss - fantastic day, they will come and collect you from Niseko etc

And not at all expensive - you have the whole mountain to yourself, it's a disused ski resort!!

More here

If you're more adventurous and maybe have not done too much touring then Nito offers some nice climbs - and great standard of touring rental equipment from Rhythm on the intersection and for more experienced tourers has to be Yotei climbing up to the edge of the crater and skiing down into it!

I have unfinished business on that having had to turn back as one of the group was showing signs of hyperthermia not that I expected to get to the top with the conditions and other members of the group as it's a big climb, 1,600m
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam, thanks man who did you use for Weiss?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Definitely hit up next-door neighbour Moiwa
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Gainz, this outfit https://hanazononiseko.com/en/winter/activities/weiss-cat-skiing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Go night skiing. No one does it quite like that resort.

Wear everything you brought with you though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mosha Marc, good call! Dude who was with us on a few trips said when it was puking down and viz was bad going up the hill for an evening ski was a great option as viz was better than during the day and was often untracked later on
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Weathercam wrote:
Surprised no one has mentioned the Cat Skiing operation at Weiss - fantastic day, they will come and collect you from Niseko etc

And not at all expensive - you have the whole mountain to yourself, it's a disused ski resort!!

More here

If you're more adventurous and maybe have not done too much touring then Nito offers some nice climbs - and great standard of touring rental equipment from Rhythm on the intersection and for more experienced tourers has to be Yotei climbing up to the edge of the crater and skiing down into it!

I have unfinished business on that having had to turn back as one of the group was showing signs of hyperthermia not that I expected to get to the top with the conditions and other members of the group as it's a big climb, 1,600m

This one??

https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27067455_1767321289984825_580770362866112933_n.jpg?oh=0d5bf7bbc8cbad43853ce10a49f3e4d5&oe=5B1F9E41

And look at the weather - good day for them. Toofy Grin (had snowed all night)
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
clarky999 wrote:

No need to head for Moiwa, will report nxt week of how baaad it is Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Be careful the self defence force is often training skiing there - have interesting bindings.

There is a gate at the top.
latest report
@Weathercam, thanks that's who I was looking at. I think we'll book it by the weekend for march
ski holidays
@Gainz, forgot to mention check out Niseko on Fat Map to whet your appetite !!

Guide we had in Nito did some of the routes
snow report
BenAS wrote:
We have 6 days in Niseko coming up and I was wondering what are the things we "Must do".

Get out of Niseko! Smile

Seriously, try and visit some other resorts nearby (plenty of day trips run and easy to get booked on - Black Diamond tours run them plus I seem to remember there were trips organised at the bottom of one of the lifts in the main centre). Niseko was the least Japanese of all the places we visited and definitely worth getting to some of the smaller resorts and onsens.
ski holidays
mooney058 wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

No need to head for Moiwa, will report nxt week of how baaad it is Cool

Quick follow-up. Moiwa was great. So much terrain from only thee lifts. Discovery helped a lot by MikePow (best decision was to start with a couple of lessons with him).
Accomodation wise - Lodge834 was fantastic for the money. Breakfast way better than the poshest 5* hotels I stayed at (including Kempinsky and a couple of Rellais&Chateaux).
Onsens - lots of them, went daily, cost 4-5 pounds for a visit, one was more than 100 y old.
Some restos/eateries around, no real nightlife (but I am not bothered with it). Lunch next to lifts - main place might be too crowdy sometimes, but food again is fab and 4-9 pounds for some really nice local stuff or pizza (why eat pizza in JPN is beyond me, but hey, they do offer it)
snow conditions
Slippery Slope if you want to watch the 6N Rugby
snow conditions
Mike Pow wrote:
Slippery Slope if you want to watch the 6N Rugby

Hmm, it depends on one’s perspective Smile
The number of 6N seen vs No of times visited Hokkaido ....

Today Kiroro - lots of yuki! Yuki everywhere, though windy in the afternoon
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy