Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New to Skiing and Snowheads

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
You’ve still got to use your own legs as the undercarraige at the end though, haven’t you? I usually make a not too shabby go at re-uniting with mother earth. (‘You throw enough rounds down the range, you’re bound to hit the target sometimes!’ ...an ex-Para old collegue of mine said after I’d fluked a particually nice ‘greaser’) but one thing that’s put me off parachutes and hang / para gliders is that if i cock it up, there’s no nice metal and rubber between me and thw ground!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Wonkyski, Welcome to snowheads. Make sure you start at least one thread about how helmets make you safer/less safe.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Wonkyski, wus wink and you've not yet seen me slide Twisted Evil Not about to gentle etc . . .
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

one thing that’s put me off parachutes and hang / para gliders is that if i cock it up, there’s no nice metal and rubber between me and thw ground!

To be honest, if you sod up a paraglider wing, landing gear isn't going to help you. Before children etc., I used to love flying my paraglider wing, but oftentimes found myself muttering "height is good, the ground is not" under my breath...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Wonkyski, welcome to snowHeads and the roller coaster ride of skiing.
The greatest show on Earth!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers! Just had third session up at Glenshee (was going to try Lecht but the southerly road was blocked) Thought it was going to be windy and grim today but was a lovely afternoon, nicest snow I’ve had so far. After a warm up on the nursery slope to convince myself I hadn’t forgotton how to do it, i had a fun few hours on Claybokie until my legs started to fade. Starting to feel the first hint of proper control and smoothness. One run was a real test of control, safely avoiding the moving obstacles of the kids ski school. (They are a good motivator for a beginner when tempted to bottle out. The kids ranged from slightly nervous, through to quietly competent, to full-bore nutters getting carpeted by the instructor. But great to see.) Got complimented at the bottom by a experienced skier trying snow-boarding for the first time. After a tea break was tempted for a last couple of runs but felt my legs didn’t really have it in them. But feel great (if achey) now!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Welcome to snowHeads Wonkyski! Your enthusiasm is endearing. I've met the most wonderful (and whacky) people through snowHeads, sure you will too!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Jude1, Thanks. I’ve seen also that it is easy to get chatting to complete strangers on the slopes, whether in the queue for the lift, in the cafe or at the top of the piste trying to ignore the voice in my head saying ‘wtf are you doing?’ (Talking to the skier cum snowboarder sitting, looking down the piste clearly thinking the same thing!)

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 3-02-18 0:30; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yup, we're all in it together (oooh, sounds like politik-speak) but you know what I mean. Come on a bash, be one of the best weeks of your life!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Jude1, Sounds a great idea. Don’t think I’ll make it this season but maybe the next. Had a great afternoon on the soft, ungroomed powdery snow of the Lecht today. Feel totally broken but great. Nice, friendly apres-ski clubhouse too. Drive down the hill afterwards towards Alford more exciting in places than the skiing though!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy