Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are Snowheads meeting in Saalbach? Week starting 25 February.

Poster: A snowHead
I know there was some talk getting together for drinks. Any plans for places and or times? I'm rather tedious but my wife is fun. We're definately game to meet a few folks. Wife and I will likely be real jet-lagged on Saturday so that might not be the best day for us.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RISkier, likewise, but up for any other time, we are staying in Hinterglemm, so will be trying out the famous goat house - there are 7 of us and it's our first time in this resort, so don't know where to suggest, but I know others on here are going that week that have been before, so we'll just fall in with you lot.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whoops just posted on your other thread RISkier b4 I saw this one.

I can repeat!

Bauers Skialm is at the bottom of the nursery slopes in Saalbach. Or the Hinterhagalm is just at the top of the nursery t-bar which would probably be more suitable as it is a hut/restaurant with better seating etc. We could meet there on the Monday?

sharon1953, I know you're in Hinterglemm but we could meet about 4pm so you can ski down into Saalbach or finish your day there. We will probably end up in Hinterglemm at some point too no doubt.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hayley t, oh the nursery T bar sounds great, at least I know I'll be able to get there!!! and i will remember the name as it sounds like Hinterglemm!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sharon1953, website for the goat stall, watch the opening song carefully - it's really rude! We will definitely get over there for an apres ski session one night.

www.goasstall.com

For info, the Hinterhagalm is at the top of lift 18 on the piste map. Bauers skialm is just below. The Hinterhagalm is a reasonably large place and Bauer's is quite spread out so we may have to look around for eachother! Perhaps the best thing is to describe ski clothing!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hayley t, well I could stick one of my snowhead stickers on my forehead! failing that, I'm in a girly pink jacket! Hubby is in Red and White. I spotted the goatsstall website whilst browsing the Saalbach website. So which do you prefer Bauers or Hinterhagalm?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aaaahhhhhhh .... this thread! Happy

Anyone got any spare snowheads stickers!?!?! .... also how / where can I buy a snowheads hat / tee-shirt???
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Adamski, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/images/gear/stickers/4snowStickers.jpg Found on the main index home page, you have to click on the snow scene picture then watch for the ticker tape and click on the new home page!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Adamski, new home page link is http://snowheads.com/
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So shall we go for Bauers Schialm? It is really easy to find, sometimes you can ski past the Hinterhagalm and have to get the lift back up or walk. There is also a focal point at Bauers schialm - we could meet by the canopied area to the side. It opens at 4pm so shall we aim for then?

The website is: www.bauers-schialm.at

You can view pictures of the bar and see the canopied area to the side.

I have a light blue/ice blue North Face ski jacket and black salopettes. Hubby has a navy blue Northface jacket. I will also try and get hold of Snowheads sticker to put on my jacket!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Stickers have now been purchased, hopefully I'll receive them in time! There are 40 in a pack so you won't be able to miss me!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hayley t, ok, 4 pm at Bauers on Monday. Will take our stickers with too!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
sharon1953, that's great - looking forward to it!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cool - Bauers from 4 it is..... I'll put a picture of me and Nic on the snowMedia zone bit and put a link in here to it .... I won't have any stickers!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bauers at 4 Monday sounds great. I'll look for SnowHeads stickers, we don't have any. If we don't like what we see (or if there's too many of you to buy a round for) we'll run. Just kidding. I'll most likely be wearing blue Lange boots, black pants, a gray jacket, and a blue "Life is Good" hat with a smiling skier on it. I also have a gray beard, can' figure it out cause I'm only 29. My wife will likely be wearing black pants and a light blue with some black jacket. The SnowHeads stickers should help a lot. Thanks for naming a place and time, hayley t.
snow report
We'll be there looking forward to it Very Happy
snow conditions
snow-forecast.com says it will be -11 on Monday afternoon! But then yesterday it said it would be sunny on Sunday afternoon, now showing cloud and snow!! Lots of warm wine needed I think!!
snow report
the forecast has take a distinct turn for the better! ..... lower temps, much lower freezing level, even lighter winds ...... and MORE SNOW!!!!!!!! snowHead snowHead

So - how many of us are there:
Me & Nic
hayley t & SO
sharon1953 & family
RISkier & Mrs RISkier
andyarmitage & ?

any others???
snow conditions
Adamski, andy armitage and Linda Very Happy
snow report
Adamski,

Hayley and John

There are also 5 others in our group - a mixture of siblings and friends.
latest report
Adamski, Sharon1953, Husband, 2 sons (adults now, 25 & 28 and looking for Miss Right), son's friend, and 2 neighbours that we dragged skiing 3 years ago and were bitten by the bug! So 7 of us providing the lads aren't otherwise engaged elsewhere!
latest report
sharon1953, well we're 29 (Nic) and 32 (me) .... so maybe you lot are just too old for us Laughing Laughing
snow report
Adamski, well I bet I can dance you under the table any night, Smile been to Creamfields Dance Festival for last 5 years!
ski holidays
sharon1953 wrote:
Adamski, well I bet I can dance you under the table any night, Smile been to Creamfields Dance Festival for last 5 years!

in ski boots or not in ski boots???
latest report
well prefer trainers, but probably could manage in ski boots for a few hours!!! wink
snow conditions
Quote:

Adamski, well I bet I can dance you under the table any night, been to Creamfields Dance Festival for last 5 years!

That sounds like a challenge!
latest report
wink
ski holidays
Everyone getting excited now! Only one sleep (well half a sleep) left!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hayley t wrote:
Everyone getting excited now! Only one sleep (well half a sleep) left!

Very excited although we were stupid enough to go out last night as both of our SO's are away .... so there's a nasty day at work with a hangover to get through first .... then off to my local for its re-opening party tonight .... then about a quarter of a sleep and we're offski!!!!!!

interesting forecast for next week so far - looks like quite a bit of snow maybe and temps and freezing level looking good too .....
snow report
Adamski, It's looking very cold!

Don't stop drinking now - just keep going for another week and worry about sleep and hangovers after that!
ski holidays
Son's off doing last minute shopping and I'm ironing to help pass the time! Taking cat to cattery soon (poor thing), taxi ordered for 7.30 am - really can't think straight now!!!
latest report
we have our flight at 8.10 from manchester so will be leaving home at about 4.30 am Shocked still it's all part of the adventure i just hope the weather is good for us, that moose on the wall in the bar looks amusing really rather excited now Very Happy
snow report
andyarmitage, we are flying from Manchester too, but we only live about 15 mins away. Going from Terminal 1, flying with SkyEurope 10.20, so we will be couple hours behind you! Very Happy
ski holidays
We're just about ready to leave for the airport. It'll be a long day but we're really excited. See you Monday at Bauer's Alm.
ski holidays
bye for now, see you soonRISkier,
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy