Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do I get from grenoble airport to superdevoluy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I have done a little bit of research on trying to get from Grenoble airport to Superdevoluy. Transfers seem to be a little on the expensive side (about 700 euros per vehicle return) and I am looking for something a little cheaper.

I hear there are shuttle busses that run you from the airport to grenoble city where you can get a train to Superdevoluy. Has anyone ever done this at all ? Is it a viable option ?
Marseille airport has a bus service to Superdevoluy directly so I would need to look at getting to Marseille probably as the best option. However the flights for this airport and the times are a little limited compared to grenoble from where I fly from (BHX). So I could change airports and get something from Heathrow, or stanstead.

So if anyone has any thoughts, is it worth flying in to grenoble? Or will it be easier to get to Marseille and just catch a bus from there?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi,

Trying to rack my memory about this, so bare with me.

Although I've never stayed in Superdevoluy I have stayed the other side in La Joue du Loup a number of times. On the first occasion 3 of us flew into Grenoble and hired a small car for the journey, straight forward enough, and certainly didn't cost €700. Even easier to stomach once split between the 3 of us. My second time there doesn't count as we drove, but on the last visit we flew into Chambery and then took the train to Garde De Veynes which is 25km from La Joue du Loop and buses ran regularly between the two.

With regards to the cost of the train and transfer bus journey, I'd have to ask some of the others who I traveled with.

If you're willing to drive then possibly Marseille is an option for your flights, but obviously the drive time would be a little longer I think, but an easier drive IMO. Not sure if a train would be looking at from Marseille?

Certainly Chambery - Train - Bus is worth checking out.

Hope that's of some help?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Splinkio wrote:
Hi,

I have done a little bit of research on trying to get from Grenoble airport to Superdevoluy. Transfers seem to be a little on the expensive side (about 700 euros per vehicle return) and I am looking for something a little cheaper.

I hear there are shuttle busses that run you from the airport to grenoble city where you can get a train to Superdevoluy. Has anyone ever done this at all ? Is it a viable option ?
Marseille airport has a bus service to Superdevoluy directly so I would need to look at getting to Marseille probably as the best option. However the flights for this airport and the times are a little limited compared to grenoble from where I fly from (BHX). So I could change airports and get something from Heathrow, or stanstead.

So if anyone has any thoughts, is it worth flying in to grenoble? Or will it be easier to get to Marseille and just catch a bus from there?

Sounds complicated. Train to Superdevoluy, that will be the Gap train but you'll need a shuttle from the station, which must be 30km away, to SuperD.

Did you think about hiring a car from Grenoble Airport?

A bus from Marseille is miles away.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy