Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Gets or La Plagne

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon,

Got myself in a bit of a quandary so hopefully some of you can help.

We are looking at going away for Half Term (w/c 17th Feb) and we have a quote for a Chalet in Les Gets or an apartment in La Plagne, it is the first time for our 2 Boys (10 &12) so we want to make sure we get it right.

The Les Gets option looks best in terms of the standard of accommodation but OH is concerned that Les Gets doesn't come up in good places for kids to learn to ski and could only find ESF, we've not had the best experience with them in the past. So La PLagne appears on all the lists of great places for kids to go and is ski in/ski out but it is staying in one of those tiny little apartments........

HELP ............ anyone got an massive opinions on way or another ? Anyone got any experience of eating out in La Plagne and how much it might cost ?

Thanks in advance.

Mackers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
What's your boys level of skiing? First or second time I'd say La plagne. Further along Les Gets should be fine too
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.ecoledeski360.com/ski-school-les-gets.php these were very good with our grandchildren but I would expect them to be fully booked by now for your week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BASS
http://www.britishskischool.com/BASS_Resorts/Les_Gets
also teach in Les Gets.

That being said, LG is super busy at half-term, so probably booked up too.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skied both and would say Les Gets as I found the 'off the snow' side of things is more pleasant. While some are better than others, and you can get a poor chalet in Les Gets too get the wrong resort/apartment in La Plagne and it can be very...snug and a bit depressing.

A lot of tosh is talked about certain resorts being good/bad for beginners and Les Gets has plenty of green/blue runs, and a few easier reds, which is as much as your boys are likely to need for their first week.

There's several British SHed who have properties in Les Gets and I'm sure some will be along shortly (or this evening if they're out there so skiing right now)...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mackers74, as others have suggested, you have left this a bit late.
I would go for the place where you can book decent Ski School - you are quite right in avoiding ESF if you're not French.
WindOfChange says Les Gets is "super busy" at half term. So is La Plagne.
Get booking now!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've been reading posts on here for ages, but this is my first post. We've been going to Les Gets for many years and I think it's a great place for kids to learn. Would recommend LGS and TSI ski schools who both have small group sizes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Welcome RCM, and with better accommodation in Les Gets, i would bet your post has Mackers74 problem sorted snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm happy with the accommodation it is just the ski school that is the challenge........ Some of the bigger companies seem to be still saying you can get ski school, its just les Gets is through a privately owned chalet so i assume they don't have the same buying power !
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
As others have said, it’s pretty late to be looking for half term, but not impossible. I’d start by finding places in a decent ski school for the kids irrespective of resort and then start to narrow options down. At the age of your two kids you should have some good options to go at. I’d consider some of the quieter less obvious resorts for half term and given that conditions are good at the moment you shouldn’t have to worry about what snow will be like where ever you end up. For example, I’ve not been to Le Grand Bornand at half term but been twice at Christmas/New Year and it was excellent for the kids we took.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Find your ski school first, accommodation second. I see emails flying round daily scrabbling for lessons over half term
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Loads of ski schools in LG - bass, odd academy, ecole360 for a start. Nice village, easy to get round, bus to Morzine for pool as well dead easy Mad
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Loads of ski schools in LG - bass, odd academy, ecole360 for a start. Nice village, easy to get round, bus to Morzine for pool as well dead easy Mad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I would go for the place where you can book decent Ski School

This. Frankly, it is v late now to book ski school for that week. But good luck. Either resort would be OK - both will be super busy.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy