Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

advice sought on whistler 26th feb -6th march

Poster: A snowHead
Ok we've gone and done it
booked the holiday to whistler from the 26th feb -6th march
so has anyone got any advice on places to eat, things to do (besides skiing)?
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Come see us in the GLC - we're out there while you are, we're staying at the Cedar springs lodge

Been a few years since I was last there so I can't make any recommendations off hand but I'm sure the locals will pipe up when they finish skiing - it's lunchtim out there now so yo umay get someone having a quick shufty while they eat, but more likely later on tognight
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
good choice,

give me a ring when you get here (604-932-1170), and I will give you the tour(s) if you want.

Where abouts are you staying?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
paulhothersall wrote:
good choice,

Where abouts are you staying?

Delta Whistler Village - via Ski Indpendence (thanks to Karen there for all her help Smile )
we aer there for 6-7 nights and then one night in Vancouver before we fly back

It's a bit of a gamble for us as we have only been skiing for 3 weeks before this holiday, but thought we'd do something special this year, following our andorra trip Confused .(you can get the details here http://www.geocities.com/daggers_jones/ski2006/index.html)

Meeting up for a drink and some food would be good, which remind me better think of packing and checking phone will work in canada.

What's the weather and conditions been like out there?[/url]
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good choice of week - should miss the main Canadian holidays with a bit of luck. Apres GLC for killer Nachos, Longhorn for rowdy, Crystal Lounge for wings n margaritas, Dub linh gate for sepos who think they're Oirish, Amsterdam or Citta for just hanging on the patio watching the world go by. Zogs for Poutine, Sushi Village for the obvious, Buffalo Bills for Cougars, Merlins for paralytic WB staff & impromtu Aussie stripping, Rimrock for that special meal, the Chateau (de concrete) for a fancy afternoon tea & cakes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
See you there, heading out in just 3 sleeps Laughing

You'll love it. Lots of good places to eat, what sort of things did you have in mind?

Milestones in your hotel is a nice mid-road restaurant, and teh bar is good also. Great belinis in there Embarassed

My favourits restaurants inculde the Rimrock and Trattoria (high end), Crabshack, Sushi and Brewhouse for more casual.

Have fun. I would strongly suggest doing a 3 or 4 day ski-espirt, good program, see lots of both mountains and get good instruciton also.

So long as your mobile is tri-band it should work.

HAve a great time.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Robbie wrote:
See you there, heading out in just 3 sleeps Laughing

You'll love it. Lots of good places to eat, what sort of things did you have in mind?

Have fun. I would strongly suggest doing a 3 or 4 day ski-espirt, good program, see lots of both mountains and get good instruciton also.

HAve a great time.

was wondering about lessons or some kind of kind tour . DO you think it worth going for a day / half day lesson or not?

as for places to eat we are pretty open to ideas.
Tend to like Chinesse and I know there are a few decent steak out there with our names on. Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Robbie wrote:

So long as your mobile is tri-band it should work.

.. provided you've got international roaming enabled by your (UK) operator.

And do be aware that even a local (canadian) call with your (UK) mobile could cost over £1/minute: check the tariff with your operator before you go. Note that Orange's definition of Calls from Canada include calls within Canada.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 20-02-06 18:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob and sharon, you can do a supergroup for your ski lessons, steak is great at most placesbut brilliant at the KEG. , don't forget the Brewhouse, great pub food, and a microbrewery. Zeuskis' was our favourite, a greek/mediterranean place . For a special occasion Araxi is great, but really expensive.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
on lessons you could try Ski Esprit or Dave Murray Camp or Supergroups. They all have the added benefit, for someone who has not been before, of getting you guided round the mountains. If that is not for you, try the free tours which leave at 11am (I think) from the meeting point.

There are loads of good restaurants- as said the bar and restaurant (called Milestones)in your hotel are worth a visit . Hys Steakhouse (round the corner from Milestones) has, reputedly, the best (and probably the costliest) steak in Whistler. Just round from your hotel, going the other way from Hys, on the "village stroll", are Val D'isere, Caramba and Zeuskis being French, Italian and Greek (no surprises there then). I have had good meals in the first two and never been to the third, but it has been going for all the 6 years that I have been going to Whistler so it must be doing something right.

Across the road from your hotel is the Pinnacle Hotel and there is an Italian restaurant in that building somewhere which is supposed to be pretty good, but I havent been.

The Brewhose is just down the road (walk past Zeuskis and Caramba and it is 50 yards further on). They do good pizza and beer I seem to recall.

You may want to do some research and book in advance for say the weekends or if you want to go for a splurge/special meal eg the Rimrock or one of the other top end restaurants. When I was there in January you didnt need to book for the likes of Caramba etc during the week, Saturday night you might want to, just to be sure of getting to eat when you want.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin, I can confirm that the food in Zeuskis is excellent. we eventually ate there at least twice despite Whistlers huge no of restaurants.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like i will be in silverstar for a long weekend, back on the 28th.

Meet up with you all after that?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stolen from an old post of mine

Weather: in the space of 10 days we got pretty much every sort of weather, which I believe is not unusual (a Canadian ski school director told me that). It can also get slushy lower down and/or rain because the base isn't that high.

The mountains: we tended to graduate towards Blackcomb, has a more 'rugged' feel to it. Having said that the other in bounds off-piste we did was on Whistler. Off the Harmony chair turn left and after a short distance head left into Glacier bowl (it is marked on the map). Also if you turn left off the gondola there was after only about 100-200m a route of to the right (this was the first run we did in lessons).

Don't worry about bland runs, contrary to the perception over here of over graded North American skiing, there are plenty of serious marked runs. Peak chair on Whistler mtn important for this but also prone to closure if windy. I did three days of lessons with a frustrated extreme skier for an instructor. There is also an 'extremely Canadian' option above that, which must be exactly what it says on the tin. Book ahead if you want to do that, I was too late.

They do start early so base lifts/gondola can be busy early on but queues well organised and move fairly quickly.

Bars: as you arrive back at the base area there are two obvious apres ski places: Dublin Gate on the right and Longhorn on the left, both absolutely rammed. If you head down the pedestrian bit between them and bear right there was The Amsterdam on the right and our favoured bar, called something like 'Tigra' on the left, great nachos and you could usually get seats. If you head through the arch of the square there, then I think Tommy Africa's was round to the left. Turn right after The Amsterdam (still pedestrianised) and there was a nightclub place on the right, busy and live band, can't remember the name of the place and another one further on, on the left down some stairs.

There are loads more bars and barely a dud one. I did a lot of research.

Have a great time, you can't miss with Whistler.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
NickW wrote:
They do start early so base lifts/gondola can be busy early on but queues well organised and move fairly quickly.

It's worth bearing mind... because they start early, they finish early (round about 3.30pm)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
we are here at present, getting used to the rain in village and snow on mountain Smile
see you all soon
snow report
That rain in the village makes it miserable. You'll still have a great time though.
snow report
Thanks to all for the advice on places to eat etc
we had a great time and will post photos etc soon
Rob
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy