Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flachau in april.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi -

does anyone live in Flachau who could advise if it is a good idea to book to come over easter week ( 8th april onwards ).
How's it looking ?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
woodwood, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I hope Flachau is going to be okay, as I'm there that week. I think there is at least one snowHead who lives nearby....so hopefully they will bring good news
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I was in the area, Skiing Zauchensee 2 weeks ago. when I was there the weather was very mild (18 degrees in valley) and on the face of it there didn't seem to be much snow about. However Zauchensee had plenty of snow (about 50 lower 100 higher) and despite the hight temperatures the snow held out suprisingly well. Since then they have had the biggest dump of the Season and 60 - 70cm of new snow at Zauchensee and a similar amount in Flachau. Its only 10 days away and the bbc forecast last night actually said more snow for the alps so I would say you should be fine. Certainly from mid station up everything will be ok. Zauchensee is a slightly hither area (1350 - 2100m and is less than 30mins away on the bus from Flachau so may be an alternative. Also if things are really desperate then if you buy a Salzburg Super Ski pass (a few euro's more) you can vertually ski anywhere, including the Glaciers at Kaprun and nearer at Ramsau am Dachstein, but also Obertauern which is only 45 minutes or so away (bus available) and is snow sure until May usually. So I would say given current conditions etc you will be fine and there will be plenty around to do.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Also forgot to say that Flachau currently has the deepest base it has had all season! 45 bottom, 85 middle and 145 top.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To follow up from DRHOSKING, we were there the same week (how hot was that?!!), and skied Dachstein glacier, Flachau, Zauchensee and Schladming all on the Amade ski pass. Zauchensee had the best conditions of all the places we went to. The Amade pass is slightly different to the SSS one the DRHOSKING mentioned, but might be another option (think SSS is bigger tho).

Happy sliding.
D
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks to all,

I love it when everyone looks at the glass half full Smile

Me and my wife plus daughter, had our first visit to flachau also 2 weeks ago and preferring a quieter place, we have good memories and while checking the Ryanair benefits office, found some mid week flights for £ 25 return each for this period.
So. I booked from east mids to salzburg without even worrying about accommodation or snow.

I'll let you know how it turns out.....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I live here and the current piste conditions are still very good. Flachau is good from mid station up - its the lower part that is getting very bare.
Zauchensee (which is higher)is excellent, I was there 2 days ago and its in excellent condition.
If you are in Flachau - have a look at Wargrain too - thats high and very good.

The weather here is very warm. The snow blowers arnt on anymore as its too warm at night.

Let me know if you need more info.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flangesax, good to hear the snow is okay. I'm heading out to Wagrain later today snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Elizabeth B, enjoy - and if its not good then Zauchensee is a sure thing! Plus it was very quiet 2 days ago!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to all,

please do not ski too much and wear it all out Confused
I am watching the cams everyday - just waiting...... 7 days till we fly out.

Be safe..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi its meeeee...

back in blighty..

well, here's a story..

quick recap.. ... on the mon morning as we were to fly from east midlands to Salzburg on the weds morning, my wife shouted from another room... methinks she needs some help... quickly rushed there and found that she was flat on her back ( careful ... ) grimacing with pain, saying thro' gritted teeth about the unbearable pain in the lower back. My first thought was, " this is a superbly fit and athletic girl " so it must be bad.. (she's reading this ), My second thought was ooohh.. we're flying to Flachau on weds...
Anyway, priorities first, cancelled everything, which was a job, as we had made all our own plans and it was the end of season Crying or Very sad
Come wednesday lunchtime p.m. and after some thorough physio, supergirl was pushing me to rebook !!!!, with the assurance she would not ski, yet did not want to ruin me and the daughters break.

We flew on thursday a.m. and arrived in Flachau just after lunch, it was 22 degrees Sad Sad Sad

As it was end of season we took up a good offer of some Fischer SL's and headed over to the only village base lift, Achter Jet, we arrived 20 mins later up into 2000 mtrs and wow.... what a pleasant surprise... a few skiers and absolutely brilliant surfaces.
We had the best 3 days ever, from what i recall, the lifts close on april 16th or that weekend whatever it is, and the skiing is brilliant up to that date.
So, with the facilities to prolong the season in flachau, it is a pretty sure bet that you can do this right up to this date.

By the way, we took the bus over to Zauchansee ( actually to Flachau Winkel ) and then the gondola up over the top to the slopes, it was pretty poor and full of desperate snowseekers and full of wet snow, we headed back to Flachau and continued.

All in All.. brilliant..you will not be disappointed.

over and out..

Wood.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
woodwood, glad it worked out in the end. Hope Mrs woodwood has recovered.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
woodwood, glad you had a good time....it was certainly hot, wasn't it?

I only got to ski Flachau for a couple of hours, as the group I was with were having lessons over at Alpendorf. But I was mighty impressed with how they kept the runs open and in good condition, despite the weather.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy