Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sella Ronda - best bits

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been to the Sella Ronda a few times with SH's, but am going a week early this year. I can't remember the best bits, or where place like the hidden valley and the giant frozen waterfall. Could someone remind me?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@hedgehunter, Well the hidden valley run with the frozen waterfall starts from the top of the Lagazuoi cable car which goes from Passo Falzarego. To get there from the Sella Ronda you leave the Sella Ronda at Corvara and head for Armentarola, from where you need to take one of the frequent taxis/buses to Passo Falzarego which costs about 6 Euros. You don't need a taxi at the end of the Hidden Valley to get back (although you can take one if you wish from the Capanna Alpina restaurant, otherwise you ski down to the horsedrawn tow which takes you most of the way along the flat section then with a bit of poling you reach a baby drag lift which gives you enough height to ski down to San Cassiano for the return to the Sella Ronda). Also from Passo Falzarego you can ski the nearby very scenic and quiet Cinque Torri ski area.

Another very popular thing to do from the Sella Ronda is from Selva take the Ciampinoi gondola for the Sass Long Men's DH course (with its famous camel bumps) to St. Christina. The funicular at St Christina gives you access to the Seceda plateau from which there is a lovely 10.5 km red run La Longia down to Ortisei/St Ulrich.

In Colfosco the small Edelweisstal side valley is well worth doing.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 23-01-18 1:04; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@hedgehunter, For the Hidden Valley head for Armentarola and take a taxi to the Lagazoi cable car. Then it’s a horse tow or taxi back to Armentarola to get back. Frozen waterfall is on the way down. There are lots of offshoots to explore on the Sella Ronda area. The Alba area across to Pozza Di Fassa is a good excursion. There’s now a lift from above Canezie to Alba. Alpe de Siusi is another good excursion that can be done easily from the Sella Ronda. Santa Croce is another one via La Villa/Pedraces. I’m sure others will be along with recommendations.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hedgehunter wrote:
I have been to the Sella Ronda a few times with SH's, but am going a week early this year. I can't remember the best bits, or where place like the hidden valley and the giant frozen waterfall. Could someone remind me?

get the map!

https://www.sportler.com/de/p/tabacco-skipistenkarte-valli-ladine-e-sellaronda-125.000-150.000-9851405?filtervariation_unit_1=1%3A25.000+%2F+1%3A50.000&ff_e=true&ff_p=3&ff_q=tabbacco

The new Alba lift is not on the map jet, nor is the lift crossing over Arabba.

https://www.altabadia.org/media/erster-weltkrieg-grande-guerra.pdf
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Alastair Pink,
Quote:

Well the hidden valley run with the frozen waterfall starts from the top of the Lagazuoi cable car which goes from Passo Falzarego

Heading there in under 2 hrs. Snow amazing. Sun predicted. Skiing with a bloke from Derby! What could be better?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@hedgehunter, Corvara, Colfosco area for sunny open slopes. Arabba, Marmolada for more challenging terrain. Orange route for Sella Ronda circuit better overall than Green, IMO. More skiing, fewer lifts.
See separate thread on snowHead recommended restaurants.
In current conditions, all pretty spectacular. Enjoy snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Following this thread ardently.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I will also be following this thread ardently
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Out there in a few weeks and very keen to get over to the Pozza di Fassa side. I'd assumed the best way (coming from Selva) is to ski all the way down to Canazei and get a bus up to Alba, rather than downloading in the new gondola from Belvedere side into Alba as you'd just end up doing 3-4 lifts in a row - is that right? (i.e. is there a frequent, easy bus between Canazei and Alba?)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The bus is not free (any more). The run down to Canazei is a nice one, but you need to walk the last few 100 metres down the hill thru the town to get to the bus stop. I'd guess the new lift is more convenient now?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy