Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The winter that just won't die...

Poster: A snowHead
This is so frustrating...
Had expected that we would all be talking about next year by now - this kind of info is just not helping the withdrawal symptoms snowHead
If you're playing in the snow... enjoy... grr can just imagine PG is probably swishing down a mountain as I type this!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
see this thread
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very tempting; very, very tempting...... snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountain mad, swishing down in a few minutes I hope, whiteout yesterday here in Val Thorens,but incredible conditions, pistes unprepared, so on or off-piste conditions pretty much the same. Saw a couple of people who'd lost their skis on piste to give you an idea! Very cold this morning, snowed a bit last night too, so with sun and snow showers forecast during the day should be as good as it gets!

Hired some DBs yesterday but couldn't venture too far off piste cos I don't know the resort well enough, and there were times when visibility was close to zero.

Amazing to be going down the likes of the Christine and the Beranger, knee deep in powder, not the usual spring snow......

Val Thorens is quite busy - but still no queues - nothing but Dutch tourists here at the moment.

Without a doubt the best conditions I've seen during the season...... Madeye-Smiley snowHead Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pleae could a member of Piste Patrol moderate PG's posts here. I think I can speak for a few of us here when I say that his posts are causing a degree of envy that is beginning to border on outright green eyed jealousy Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
PG wrote:
mountain mad, swishing down in a few minutes I hope, whiteout yesterday here in Val Thorens,but incredible conditions, pistes unprepared, so on or off-piste conditions pretty much the same. Saw a couple of people who'd lost their skis on piste to give you an idea! Very cold this morning, snowed a bit last night too, so with sun and snow showers forecast during the day should be as good as it gets!

Hired some DBs yesterday but couldn't venture too far off piste cos I don't know the resort well enough, and there were times when visibility was close to zero.

DB's ? My brain must be slow this morning, what are they ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Glad the snow is still amazing.
I think i know how other people felt when I came back from holiday on the 24th and everyone had expected me to have a crap time in the spring conditions - so they were a bit put out when I told them about all the lovely powder.
Although I'm jealous - I'm glad someone at least is able to take advantage of some of that lovely snow!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mark Hunter, I second that - PG - please bear in mind that some of us have no opportunity to visit the slopes at this time. Perhaps you could preface your remarks with some sort of warning or alternatively lie to us and say it was crap.

(Hope you enjoyed your ski=ing today!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reports (on the local news) of snow overnight in Dorset. Shock
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Here's a link for the webcam showing the resort of Port-Aine that Davidof referred to earlier. Anyone have any idea how long a car transfer would take from Barcelona?

Thanks to Snowskisnow, my wife is now the proud owner of a pair of Head Big Easy 94's with the quick release bindings, and she wants to try them out! Well that's my excuse, anyway rolling eyes snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
ise,
Quote:
DB's
... not you, I just can't type on an English keyboard any more, everything's in the wrong place .... please read B2s .... found them a bit heavy going actually after the CrossMax.

Ian Hopkinson, It was cr*p, as you can see from the photos Wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shocked
Can't believe it
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG, sorry to see you had such a bad time Wink All that newly formed rock stopping you from snow or grass skiing rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The resort was quite busy considering - for the final week of the season they could rename it "Little Holland". Virtually all the tourists were Dutch, and I saw a couple of Dutch TOs organising things so clearly they keep going right through to the bitter end. I should think they manage to negotiate some really keen rates with Val Thorens. Hardly any French, I heard no one speaking English, no other nationalities. The Frog and Roast Beef has been shut for at least a week apparently, a good indication of the number of Brits around at this time of year.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
PG wrote:
ise,
Quote:
DB's
... not you, I just can't type on an English keyboard any more, everything's in the wrong place .... please read B2s .... found them a bit heavy going actually after the CrossMax.

Ian Hopkinson, It was cr*p, as you can see from the photos Wink

Punter ski Very Happy I'd give it a miss ... Joking apart, it's a not a bad ski, I've tried them but little to distinguish it I thought, they manage to suggest it's some sort of off-piste ski but it's "just" a pretty good all round ski.

cool photos ....
snow report
Tried a couple of rental places, they'd already cleared out a lot of their hire skis, which didn't leave much choice - the B2 was the closest to an off-piste ski on offer. Not a Zag in sight! Shame, it would have been the perfect conditions t try them out....

(Don't tell Ian H Wink , but I'm thinking of one final fling at Tignes tomorrow.... hope the glacier will be open, forecast is for more of the same over the weekend, just so long as there's not too much wind....)
snow report
I skied on b2s at feb half term in Mottaret and loved them. Punter ski yes, but then I'm a punter!
ski holidays
PG, I reckon Mr H is close to breaking point (I know I am), and this continued baiting will only lead to tragedy. The next time you see him knifing down the slope, you'd better hope it's the carving ski variety Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Chris Bish wrote:
I skied on b2s at feb half term in Mottaret and loved them. Punter ski yes, but then I'm a punter!

Just kidding, I thought they were pretty nice really Very Happy For me I didn't feel they were the off piste ski I'd been led to expect and the Ride 11's were nicer on the day, personal choice of course.
latest report
Mark Hunter wrote:
PG, I reckon Mr H is close to breaking point (I know I am), and this continued baiting will only lead to tragedy. The next time you see him knifing down the slope, you'd better hope it's the carving ski variety Twisted Evil

There's still an inch wide strip of snow in Scotland though Very Happy
snow report
THat's IT! I'll be in BSM in June, I'm taking sponsorship now at £1/inch to hide a snowblade up where PG thinks his Sun shines out of!
snow report
Now now chaps, steady on, just doing my bit to back up DG's views on end of season skiing.... or perhaps you should get Alan Cragg's to write in a deadline in the "New User Guide", after which we must all stop talking about skiing and discuss gardening, golf, or whatever pulls your chain.... rolling eyes
latest report
PG, I love your pictures. As mountain mad said: unbelievable!
But if I can't be there, then looking at your excellent pictures will do. (Sigh...)
latest report
Jonpim, Thanks. Just trying to share info and experience, not my intention to make anyone feel bad.

I've been wondering about the summer, whether it's feasible for people to look at long weekend breaks. Shame the likes of Flybe don't operate to Chambéry out of season. Does anyone know whether other 'budget' airlines have reasonably direct routes to the Alps? I suppose there's always Geneva, Lyon and St Etienne, but it's still a fair drive to either 2 Alpes or Tignes (between 2 and 3 1/2 hours).

As mentioned elsewhere, the Tignes glacier is opening June 19th... Les Deux Alpes around the same time.
latest report
PG wrote:
Jonpim, Thanks. Just trying to share info and experience, not my intention to make anyone feel bad.

I've been wondering about the summer, whether it's feasible for people to look at long weekend breaks. Shame the likes of Flybe don't operate to Chambéry out of season. Does anyone know whether other 'budget' airlines have reasonably direct routes to the Alps? I suppose there's always Geneva, Lyon and St Etienne, but it's still a fair drive to either 2 Alpes or Tignes (between 2 and 3 1/2 hours).

As mentioned elsewhere, the Tignes glacier is opening June 19th... Les Deux Alpes around the same time.

re-openings round here are around the same time.
snow report
ise, What's the shortest driving time to the summer skiing in your part of the world from Geneva etc?
snow report
maybe 1.5-2 hrs to Les Diablerets and 3hrs to Saas Fee or Engelberg.
snow conditions
Tignes looks even snowier today...

...a bit like early January, in fact.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
And here's the current scene at about the same altitude in Cervinia.

Cervinia's been shut for a week, though.
ski holidays
I see Livigno still has 2.5M at the top and as usual, the locals are keeping half a doz. lifts open for their pleasure, + after the season officially ends the lifts are ‘usually’ free! (depends who you know). Sad
snow report
Oh God, this thread is still going. It has a horrible compulsion as I battle with my jealousy. (my season ended in mid March - grrrrrr)
snow report
b]snowball[/b], awful isn't ot. I've got to go and buy a washing machine now.
snow report
Not the sort of white goods I'd imagine you'd prefer to be buying, Helen Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont wrote:
b]snowball[/b], awful isn't ot. I've got to go and buy a washing machine now.
Started on the gin a bit early today, didn't you Helen? Maybe not the best time to get a washing machine. Are you sure you didn't get a dryer by mistake......? Wink
snow report
I feel guilty before even starting this post! But in the interests of providing info on how things are this late in the season, and while expecting the usual onslaught from those who think I'm trying to make you all feel bad (I'm not), here goes.....
David Goldsmith wrote:
Tignes looks even snowier today...
...a bit like early January, in fact.

Felt like early January too, bitterly cold on the glacier, windy, occasional blizzards... visibility very poor so stayed mainly on the Double M etc down to Val Claret. Considering virtually no one was skiing on the glacier it was very quiet, far less people than at Val Thorens.
Snowed a lot last night, so superb conditions on or off piste, although with avalanche risk at 3, wind slabs forming, and not really knowing the place well enough to venture far in such bad visibility we stayed mainly on the piste. Anyway easiski was working hard on my much neglected technique, so this wasn't a 'fun' skiing day..... you'll be pleased to know I suffered considerably. Wink
No Brits in sight, a few Dutch, more French than any other nationality. Definitely an idea to put some pressure on the T.O.s to offer breaks beyond Easter, until you've skied virtually deserted pistes it's hard to imagine what it's like compared to Feb etc.
snow conditions
Ahh, PG we don't mind honestly. Provided someones enjoying the snow, thats all that matters.
I think I've said before, Double M is one of my favourite pistes. Its got a little bit of everything except a steep section.
Never apologise for having fun...
ski holidays
Good job the Double M /Face, the Grand Plan, as well as the Rabotch/Rimaye blues are open, given the conditions higher up. Looks like the sun is due to return the moment the resort closes tonight. Hopefully it will be clear enough this afternoon to get up on to the glacier...
Don't know about fun though, yesterday was non-stop hard work, same again today! Hopefully my reconstructed technique will last until next season....
latest report
Jonpim, thanks for your sarcasm!! It is most definitely a washing machine . I'd rather have spent the money on a ski trip though!! Sad
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, oh dear: was that sarcasm? It was meant to be humour.
Humblest apologies. I try to avoid sarcasm.
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary wrote:
sarcasm\Sar"casm\, n. [F. sarcasme, L. sarcasmus, Gr. sarkasmo`s, from sarka`zein to tear flesh like dogs, to bite the lips in rage, to speak bitterly, to sneer, fr. sa`rx, sa`rkos, flesh.] A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest.
I certainly did not mean any of that. Shocked
snow report
No prob Jon-a little fragile this morning
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy