Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ride Binding Spares

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am trying to find replacement ankle strap for RIDE bindings.
Loads of places on the internet with spares for Burton, but RIDE stuff seems as rare as rocking horse dung.
I tried a bunch of shops in Morzine with the same story.
Even the RIDE website is not that helpful.
If anyone knows a website / shop who might be able to help, then that would be great.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ride are part of K2 sports now. Their European office is in Germany - try contacting them. Think the UK office is for UK distribution only.

https://global.k2skis.com/en_GB/contactus/
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Richard_Sideways, Thanks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Top marks to Ride Service Apres Ventes in Annecy.
Even though the bindings are old and out of warranty, the guy ordered me 2 straps from the HQ in Germany, they were FedExd to me, all free of charge.
A lot of people will bitch when they do not get the service they expect ( especially in France) , well just I just want to put on record how good the K2 / Ride SAV people are.

Any ski techs there who can offer a bit of advice about swapping the buckle onto the new strap ?
The new straps have a small screw ( a bit bigger than the ones in the arms of your spectacles ) for attaching the buckle to the new strap.
Currently they are riveted to the existing straps.
I can remove the funky square nut on the strap end, and am thinking of angle grinding the rivets off ( I know you should drill the heads of rivets, but my angle grinder is always my weapon of choice, and I am reasonably handy with it).
My fain fear is that the screw to remount the buckle is woefully small considering the forces to which it might be subjected.
Any advice gratefully accepted. ( Although might be ignored ) Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm bit tricky to visualise without a picture.
Good news on getting the spares from K2/Ride though - they've been good when I've contacted them about stuff before too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@WindOfChange, Underneath the ratchets on my Burton bindings there is a lug that locates into the strap. It is this that takes the load. The screw just stops the buckle falling off or rotating. I suspect your ratchet will be similar.
Only visible when you remove ratchet though. However if you look at the entry to the ratchet where the ladder strap goes you may just be able to see where the lug goes through the strap material.

Time for the angle grinder.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I think that square hole at the lhs of the strap in your picture is where the lug goes.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Maybe new buckles have a lug, but the old one which I am re-using only has the rivet, and can rotate 360 degrees around that rivet.
As that's all thats been holding it on Mrs WoC board for the last few years without issue, lets hope that 1 point of attachment is enough Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Treat Mrs WoC to some new buckles then wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a similar screw arrangement on my Burton Cartels, holds fine. Stick some threadlocker on it and she'll hold.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Richard_Sideways, Thanks for the tip. I have a some left over from changing the brake discs on my motorbike.
If it all goes a bit Pete, I can always drop it into this shop in the 'Zine.

Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy