Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family or Tribu Lift Pass - what is a "family"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Just joined Snowheads after many months just looking (great stuff by the way!) - quick question: we're off to Tignes 1st week in April. There are two families each with 2 x adults and 1 x 9ry old - when I go onto Tignesnet, etc. it appears we are eligible for the Family/Tribu discount. But do the children need to be from the same family, i.e. 2 x adults and 2 x children ? It doesn't seem to define this and suggest that this info is required ? Does anyone know for sure ? as it will save us 2 x adults prices and be charged at 2 x child prices. Thanks a lot (and sorry if this is covered elsewhere !) Embarassed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't quote me but my understanding is that as long as the passes are paid for on the same card you are fine. Nobody takes your name when you purchase a lift pass, you just get given a kids or an adults version. Nobody would know you were not an actual family and you don't all need to be together to access a lift!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Families these days are so broad - multi racial, adoption, stepchildren, women choosing to keep maiden name - that I wonder if they could actually enforce any limit like that. No-one takes birth certificates to a ski holiday.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks FastCarver74 and Orange200 - I was wondering pretty much the same - just happier knowing I'm thinking along the same lines !
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From the website a family can consist of 1 or 2 adults 21 or over. Children are 5-13. Adolescents are 13-20.
Proof of age is required. As you will have your passports then all will be fine if they ask for names.

The French do have a family book that covers all the relationships, it is an official document but they know Brits don't have them.

As Tignes held the first same sex marriage in France a few years ago, I think that the interpretation of a family will be liberal. That's probably why its a 'tribe' pass - covers all combinations.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Choksaway - had a look on line to get them pre-ordered and delivered to home and it does ask for full names and DOBs but no other proof of details.... Thanks
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Sniper1966, Not sure about family passes, but just FYI: we (3 males) just did Tribu passes in LaPlagne and they only required Name & DOB on the application form.

I picked the passes up from the lift pass office and the passes were ready prepared for us in an envelope : just gave them the printed order confirmation and there were no further checks (or requirement for the other 2 chaps to be present). The passes have your name printed on them, but that's a mere formality and is not checked.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Don't quote me but my understanding is that as long as the passes are paid for on the same card you are fine. Nobody takes your name when you purchase a lift pass, you just get given a kids or an adults version. Nobody would know you were not an actual family and you don't all need to be together to access a lift!

If that statement is supposed just to apply to Tignes, fine. But it's absolutely not universally true.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy