Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Genius or gimmick?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A twistable/lockable baseplate, which lets you rotate your front binding around for easier scooting.

https://www.snowmagazine.com/news/quicksett-binding-innovation-designed-to-save-snowboarders-knees

I'm not sure I like the idea of a remote control - I think I'd prefer something mechanical as part of the binding set up, but I guess that there is a risk that the more mechanical elements there are, the more there is to get frozen solid.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For me, it would make my life harder, as I skate with my foot behind the board, and on a skateboard I ride goofy and push with my left. Once you learn to ride with only one foot strapped in it's not really an issue.....
So, gimmick
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Initially thought was silly, then watched the vid and thought "hmmm.... Maybe." Might be a bit easier scooting and getting off chairs, maybe riding drags, sitting on chairs etc.
But I'm with the OP: must be mechanical.
Never worked out really why binding angles and discs etc can't be much more easily adjustable in the field.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ug. Each to their own, but it's a crutch you don't need if you learn how to ride. Gimmick, then.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wonder how it feels trying to edge with front foot parallel the board and back foot unstrapped, e.g. turning when loading off lifts. That's like trying to edge a triple-width ski (or an extra-wide monoski one-legged) - tilting it with the width of your foot instead of the length. Sounds like it's actually harder on the knees.

And it's not a new idea either:
http://youtube.com/v/v1eqxcU4dDM from 34:58 time in video.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@bashing, actually sounds out and out dangerous when you put it like that.

Be good to get some sort of solution for those stupid traverses that go on for miles with the odd bit of uphill for good measure.

If someone could invent a telescopic ski pole, that retracts to pocket size and extends/retracts with a switch then that would be great.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Albasnow, here's one (not telescopic though):

http://youtube.com/v/xwX90j101OA

I would be 100% guaranteed to drop that off a chairlift. More wax and more speed for the flat bits I reckon.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yea 9 out of 10 flats can be dealt with by looking ahead and a bit of banzai straightlining but there are a few long ones that are simply impossible carry. I think I'll pass on that pole though lol.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I like the look of that.
I have a serious knee issue (left leg) & struggle to skate.
Well, I lead with my right & cant skate using my left.
So for skating, I lead with my left & skate with my right. This causes all sorts of comfort issues due to my back leg now being my front leg.
You can imagine all the issues I have for stance, binding set back, etc.
So looks like a product I'll investigate in.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks a bit anti social to be on a chair with both feet strapped in as well!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i wonder if anyone has ever set their bindings up to be totally free-rotating? it shouldn't be that hard and it might be good for people with stance related issues...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy