Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Silverski Resorts Recommendation - Courchevel, La Tania & La Plagne ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know this is going to come down to personal choice, but.......

Which resort would be your preferred choice from the following Silverski Resorts - Courchevel, La Tania & La Plagne :-

For A family of 4, kids aged 15 & 12. All can ski reds comfortably. Will be skiing locally no transport, February half term.
Night life not an issue as long as there a few bars and restaurants.
Prefer to ski in attractive idyllic scenery.

Thanks again for all your input snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 20-01-18 17:56; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Tania (& La Tania).
I don't know Silverski but I do like the tree runs down to La Tania.
And if nightlife isn't such an issue, then you'll probably be fine.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did you mean "Courchevel, La Tania & La Plagne"?

The Silverski Courchevel chalets are in Le Praz, which is the adjacent village to La Tania so they are effectively the same ski area. La Tania is larger, so more places to eat/drink (but I guess you will be fully catered except for one night?). Le Praz has more "character" with older buildings, whereas La Tania is all less than about 30 years old. Both are below the tree line, so more attractive to ski home.

La Plagne is generally modern, some people would say no character. Their chalets are mainly in Plagne Centre or Plagne Soleil - I think the latter is fairly limited for bars / restaurants.

At February half-term all should be snow-sure. I'd probably go for La Tania.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ecureuil, thanks now corrected Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Le praz is lovely.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@DaiSki, i would go for La Tania, i used to work for silverski years ago, Meribel/courcheval and la Tania was my "patch" as i was their maintenance man there.

nice village with several bars and restaurants, Le ski lodge, is brit owned and run (tim the owner, is mad as a box of frogs!!!).
to be fair, i cannot compare with La Pagne as i have only stayed and worked there but not skied the area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DaiSki wrote:
Courchevel, La Tania & La Plagne

Prefer to ski in attractive idyllic scenery.

If you count the architecture as part of the scenery you can cross La Plagne off your list - and Courchevel is pretty ugly too IMV

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 20-01-18 19:15; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Interesting that I have not come across a catered chalet provider that has this condition:

Do Silver Ski provide bath towels? No, but a hand towel is provided in each wash room.

https://www.silverski.co.uk/faqs/

Really have to read the small print as I would have expected them to provide bath towels and turned up accordingly. No mention of sheets for the beds!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If by Courcevel you mean the 1850 station, I would choose that every time in ski terms. The runs are lovely and always well groomed.

La Tania links to Courchevel so you can ski over in that direction but the runs back to La Tania itself can get icy and skied out whereas in similar conditions the runs down to Courchevel have been great. Courchevel is prettier than La Tania in my eyes but its subjective. Both are part of 3 Valleys ski area so lots of runs available.

La Plagne? Which one? I have not seen any particularly pretty parts. The area is part of Paradiski so lots of ground to cover. Again I prefer Courchevel as the runs are just 'nicer' as far as I am concerned simply because the pistes are always kept in great condition.

However, Courchevel is not a cheap place for apres ski, La Tania and pretty much all of the bits of La Plagne I have experienced are cheaper.

I`ve just realised that La Praz is the probable place for Courchevel, I`ve not skied that far down from 1850 but friends have said its ok and in any case I think you can get to and fro just by the lift system if the lower runs are poor, but Feb should be fine!

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 20-01-18 19:17; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I too worked a season for Silverski. Definitely La Tania. Courchevel Le Praz is pretty but the runs down can be challenging and icy, so not the easiest for the end of the day. Runs into La T, including Folyeres-the blue run, which is one of my faves, are a much nicer option.
And it seems they still don't do towels (they didn't when I worked for them). A means of keeping the price down-and they have always been a very good value option. Yes-They do provide sheets for the beds though!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Perty, towels were not provided when i worked for them either, nearly 20 odd years ago, as you say must be a cost saving measure on laundry and replacing items going missing.

am pretty sure i have had to take towels with me before on holidays to chalet/hotel type operators.

strangely enough, the last couple of self catering trips we have taken recently, towels were provided, this feb half term we are having to take sheets and towels!

i can definitely testify on the sheets being supplied, as it was my job on a Monday morning to pick up all the used ones from the chalets and take them down to the commercial laundry in Brides le Bains for cleaning.

+1 for folyeres, one of my favourite runs in the 3v's
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy