Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tourists blocked in Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Hello, I would like to let the public know that in Vallorcine there are blocked tourists, because nobody speaks about that. I am completely disappointed from French Alpine Resorts as there are no information, no organization. This morning we were supposed to have flight and we were advised several times that there will be trains on Monday!!!In the morning at the hotel at 08.00 am the receptionist told us there will be trains to Martigny, at 09.00 am the officer at the Office of Tourism de Vallorcine, they told us there will be NOT trains, at 09.15 am the officer in the train station told us that there will be trains. In 2 hours we received different information. We were not sure who told us the truth and who does not tell us the truth! TOTAL LACK OF INFORMATION AND CARE FOR TOURISTS! The authorities advise not to go out, because is dangerous, BUT THE RESTAURANT IN THE HOTEL IS FERME because of no delivery of food till Wednesday, so that we are supposed to stay “home”, but no food is supplied…. Maybe the authorities wait for us to die not from avalanche, but from hunger! We have old people, who need medicines and no place to buy them. I just want to share how Switzerland is managing the situation - https://www.zermatt.ch/en/Media/News/liveticker . Every hour there is new official publications and information for the situation in Zermatt in their official website. They have made organization of helicopter shuttles nevertheless the resort is much bigger, and people are much more than in Vallorcine. Here we are praying to receive information and the just hope that information will be correct. There are only just 20 – 30 tourists that are left without transportation and the authorities don’t want to send a helicopter or Fire Brigade to rescue us.

I will send this information for total lack of care and information for tourists in Vallorcine to all medias all over the world to let people know about situation and next time to choose Austrian or Swiss Alps for their vacation!!!

I hope somebody to read this and help us to escape from the blockage!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am sorry that you are having a bad time, it does not sound good. But please do not make disparaging comments about the French in general as it is just not fair.

The information available in Tignes and Val D'Isere has been very timely and accurate. They have published an emergency number for those in dire need of assistance (like the lady who went into labour last night in Val and was taken to hospital down the mountain by the Fire Service). The authorities are facing a colossal task in clearing the snow and making the place safe. Yes its frustrating if you are here for a week but safety comes first. Tignes and Val have done a great job and the bars are still open and the free busses are running between the villages as people are not allowed to walk between them.

Go ahead, make a media campaign against your resort but not about the French in general - that would not be fair and would be seriously rebutted by people like myself.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Arttravel, sorry to hear of your plight. The main thing is you are safe. Conditions are improving tomorrow. The authorities are in constant session, to keep you safe. If you have no food or are in need of urgent medical assistance let them know. tel:04 50 53 11 13 is the Marie office in Chamonix. Your hotel management should be able to help. Stay safe.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arttravel wrote:

I will send this information for total lack of care and information for tourists in Vallorcine to all medias all over the world to let people know about situation ..

You might find the info in this article helpful...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-42758532
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wishing you all the best and hope you manage to get home soon. I'm sure the authorities are doing everything they can. It might be better if you stay at home next year.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It’s @Whitegold, and I claim the $5
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No - not Whitegold. He's a native English speaker. Of a sort.... wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
No - not Whitegold. He's a native English speaker. Of a sort.... wink

Are you sure ? I'm sure I've only heard him talk cowdoo
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Arttravel, Some more info for you (includes Zermatt).

http://www.planetski.eu/news/10023
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Arttravel, its seems the authorities are overwhelmed by the latest snow storm, not just in France, but in Austria, Italy and Switzerland.

in Chamonix they have been focusing on evacuating chalets and hotels that are in danger of being buried by avalanche, I hope you are not in such danger.

If trains can't get in then food will be scarce, for at least a day, if you can find a shop or the hotel can put something together great, if not you might have to go hungry for a day.

The massive dumps of snow are unusual and the authorities are trying to deal with it as best they can, try to be patient, if the authorities are taking the time to get people out of avalanche risk, I'm sure they wont allow people to die from hunger. Work with the authorities as best you can, but it sounds like you need to wait it out.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
it was posted on local pages that trains were running from vallorcine from about 11am this morning? guessing that's wrong then?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
eddiethebus wrote:
it was posted on local pages that trains were running from vallorcine from about 11am this morning? guessing that's wrong then?
good point Artravel has his rant yesterday, and has gone quiet, so he was probably first in the queue at the buffet bar on that first train out
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
arh sorry, i didnt see that it was posted last night.

hopefully he survived the night Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Sack the Juggler wrote:
eddiethebus wrote:
good point Artravel has his rant yesterday, and has gone quiet, so he was probably first in the queue at the buffet bar on that first train out

Worse than ‘nam in ‘69! Little Angel
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Same rant posted in another thread. Call me a cynic, but “axe to grind”?

@ALQ... pay that! 😛
ski holidays
Switzerland = rich + organized.
France = poor + disorganized.
ski holidays
@Arttravel, we've had several emails from various official sources in Chamonix abiut the situation they seem to be asking/suggesting tourists to register at https://www.inscription-volontaire.com/chamonix/inscription.php?lang=en which will then give you real time information.

(If linky no worky let me know and i'll cut n paste the link when I'm back in the office as opposed to typing it out)
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:

So absolute!
snow conditions
@marcellus, linky does worky...
ski holidays
albob wrote:
@marcellus, linky does worky...

cheers I did try to type it correctly from my phone to ipad! Very Happy
ski holidays
FIFY

Whitegold wrote:
France = poor + disorganized
Whitegold = stuck in Kent and frustrated.
snow report
Whitegold wrote:
in other news Bear shits in Woods.

Try harder.
snow report
@Nadenoodlee, Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
snoozeboy wrote:
FIFY

Whitegold wrote:

You sure he is from Kent? His English is so poor I thought he must be American.
latest report
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Whitegold wrote:
in other news Bear shits in Woods.

Try harder.
Laughing
Did he make it through the night? Having nightmares about enduring such hardships. France is deffo off my list now.
latest report
Thornyhill wrote:
snoozeboy wrote:
FIFY

Whitegold wrote:

You sure he is from Kent? His English is so poor I thought he must be American.

Thats a little harsh on the Shermans

Is this turning into a bash the Johnnys thread? snowHead too snowHead too
snow conditions
Might be a solution @Arttravel, ?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=135669

Reasons to be cheerful....
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy