Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Esprit 2018/19

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got back from a great week in La Ros which was our fifth trip with Esprit.

Looking at options for next season (I know!) and found out that all Esprit properties will be catered for 5 nights instead of 6, and that the dining options will be reduced. Total are the same (same company) so will be interesting to see if others follow suit.

It's such a big change from the traditional chalet holiday set up that I'm wondering if it's just more than cost-cutting.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We had a great time last week with Ski Total in La Tania. They were experimenting with frozen ready meals rather than the usual chalet host cooking, with a view to reducing the cost (employ fewer hosts for fewer hours). The food was excellent. Apparently it is supplied by COOK.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Find this really disappointing to read. Saying that after going with Esprit 5 times since 2010, don’t think we will go with them again (not from being unhappy with them purely because the girls are older now)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we went to VDI with esprit (Mrs 2yo 4yo and me) we had a glorious time.were off to st anton with them in March and as soon as the preview brochure is out we'll be booking for next ski season. I'm a little disappointed regarding only 5 days of catering but the rest of the service makes up for it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm ok with 5 nights catering if that's reflected in the price. I expect I have a few more years of Esprit still to come as next season will be my daughter's first season and my son's third.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Add Inghams to the list (same company?)

From their website

" ......•Daily continental buffet breakfasts with occasional hot options
•Afternoon teas on 6 days*
•3-course evening meals including wine on 6 days*

*This will change to 5 days for the next 2018/19 season allowing you to experience an extra night out eating locally in a restaurant of your choice. Your resort representative will gladly help out with information and make a reservation for you if you wish....."
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sounds to me like they are trying to move towards complying with French employment law - which you cannot do with six nights cooking per week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RichClark wrote:
I'm ok with 5 nights catering if that's reflected in the price.

As far as I can see, it isn't - it's a saving for them. It wouldn't put me off going with Esprit again but it might have a bearing on where we choose. We're in Courchevel with them right now and dinner tonight is a massive pain - not just because it's going to be eye wateringly expensive, but because the hotel, while well place for skiing, is well out of the centre of 1850.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
One of those great savings that saves the TO £8 per person per night in order to add £50 to the individual's night out.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RobinS wrote:
Sounds to me like they are trying to move towards complying with French employment law - which you cannot do with six nights cooking per week.

This is exactly what the Ski Total chalet manager explained to us. She said that currently chalet staff are employed on British contracts but in future (after Brexit perhaps?) they will have to be on French contracts and comply with French employment law. Frozen ready meals may be the best solution.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy