Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help with 2 ABS canisters and triggers on Thomas Cook flight??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

I have borrowed an ABS bag for a trip flying tomorrow with Thomas Cook. My mate lent me 2 canisters and 2 triggers as said always better to have a spare. Agreed. I called Thomas cook and they said my g/f can carry the spare canister and trigger (but she doesn't have an ABS rucksack) but the IATA regs say only 1 of each... And I don;t necessarily trust the call center guy. Anyone got any experience shares.

Thanks in advance

PS I was holding out to buy a Jetforce Bag to avoid this issue but I am told the are not "drinks bladder" compatible which seems a big oversight.

Rob
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@RobertCroydon, The IATA rules only allow one person, so the other can be carried in their hold luggage. Checkin is one thing, the security on the scanners have nothing to do with the airline.

I’ve used my Jetforce with a bladder without issue, it’s easy to route it so it works. If the bladder burst that might be a different issue, but anything that managed to burst the bladder while your wearing it, would probably mess you pretty badly anyway.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi - Can you send me a picture or instructions on of how you use the bladder with the Jetforce as I asked 3 retailers and the manufacturer and they said the only thing to do was leave the bag Zip open and route it that way.

If you put the canister and trigger in the hold luggage, do you need to tell them at check in?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You do route the hose through the zip, but the gap is no bigger than when the zip is closed normally, it works fine.

You need to tell the airline wherever you are carrying it. I never risked taking them as hand luggage, as it’s way more diffcult to deal with security than the checkin staff.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Probably more use than the life jacket under the seat.................
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Do you just check in the canister and trigger in the hold luggage. Didn't want to put the whole rucksack in check-in as it will have my laptop etc etc in it.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My ABS always went in my hold bags with the canister and trigger inside it. I always carry my ski boots in another rucksack as my cabin bag, as the boots wouldn't fit in the ABS. My boots are more important to my skiing that the airbag.

If you are going to put the canister and trigger in your hold bag by themselves, make sure that you leave a copy of the ABS technical sheet and IATA 2.3 regulations with it. Just in case your bag gets searched. Ideally the canister and trigger should be in their cardboard box.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I always used to use my rucksack as carry on and check in the cyl and trigger in main baggage.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy