Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WORST SEASON EVER*****

Poster: A snowHead
Only kidding Toofy Grin

I bet all the restaurants and bars up the mountain are praying for some sunshine and settled conditions.

Their takings must take a massive dive when we have storm after storm hitting the alps.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hedley wrote:
Only kidding Toofy Grin

I bet all the restaurants and bars up the mountain are praying for some sunshine and settled conditions.

Their takings must take a massive dive when we have storm after storm hitting the alps.

or is everyone holed up in the restaurants and cafes?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bars & restaurants in resort though are rubbing their hands.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Realistically all the money is made in the peak weeks - I reckon resorts are very happy to see storms in January if it sets them up for the rest of the season
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When we had our Restaurant in Avoriaz, 90% of the revenue was from evenings.
The weather did not really play much part in the grand scheme of things.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
In Cervinia when all the lifts where closed and the town was packed to the rafters with people wandering around looking for things to occupy their time, the cafe's and restaurants still closed mid day for a couple of hours. Obviously didn't need the extra revenue.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I would imagine this would vary very much on resort and location.

Up the mountain establishments must rely on good weather and sunny terraces can hugely increase capacity and takings.

Blue sky day vs White out day must be a massive difference.??

A lost day or reduced takings due to weather is a lost day. Once its gone, its gone, you are just playing catch up for the rest of the week/month or however you collate your figures.

You could argue it averages out over the course of a season, but on a week by week basis the last couple of weeks would have surely been difficult for some.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Or couldn’t get staff?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Gyro wrote:
In Cervinia when all the lifts where closed and the town was packed to the rafters with people wandering around looking for things to occupy their time, the cafe's and restaurants still closed mid day for a couple of hours. Obviously didn't need the extra revenue.

The French have no word for entrepreneur. Clearly the Italians don't either.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I keep looking at webcams for obertauern (going feb half term) with a growing sinking feeling. Doesn’t look great.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
bambionskiis wrote:
I keep looking at webcams for obertauern (going feb half term) with a growing sinking feeling. Doesn’t look great.

190cm at he bottom, 250cm at the top and in mid January. What is it you are looking for?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:

Let’s hope that’s irony for the sale of the education system.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Frosty the Snowman, Visibility maybe? Its not great up there! Ange
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
bambionskiis wrote:

190cm at he bottom, 250cm at the top and in mid January. What is it you are looking for?

A game of golf?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I still remember a mate in a sandwich shop Les Arcs turning round and shouting back loudly, "What's French for mayonnaise?"

He became known as Mayo Laughing
ski holidays
@Scarpa, Laughing
latest report
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
bambionskiis wrote:

I was referring to visibility. Having been stuck in quite a bad snowstorm in Finland on a very quiet run and never wanting to experience it again it’s something that concerns me. Not saying that sort of scenario would be the case there, but I just prefer being able to see other skiiers in the same run as me is all. Depth of snow there is definately not an issue.
ski holidays
Dave of the Marmottes wrote:
Gyro wrote:

The French to have a word for it, it’s Entrepreneur....it’s a French word...sorry, couldn’t resist.
snow report
The weather continues.......I wonder if 2018/19 season could set a record for the least number of bluebird days in the alps.

Still think the on mountain restaurants will be considerably down this year.
snow report
"The French have no word for entrepreneur. "

"I still remember a mate in a sandwich shop Les Arcs turning round and shouting back loudly, "What's French for mayonnaise?""

The Brexit vote is hereby explained...
snow report
@emwmarine, @Orange200, @Fingersfreddy, What's that wooshing sound? Oh yes, the sound of a (old) joke going completely over your heads.
snow conditions
@emwmarine, @Fingersfreddy, @Orange200, “The problem with the French is that they don’t have a word for entrepreneur.” was a comment reputedly made by George W Bush to Tony Blair!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy