Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

So what is correct Pennine combat technique???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had my first tastes of these joys this year, and hope to have many more.
Stayed upright, just, but certainly wasn't exactly a pretty or flowing and controlled descent - yet there were some folk there who looked as if they were cruising the best alpine pistes, so I assume that there is a technique which I am lacking ( well, many really..). I don't think that hiring an instructor is going to help in this particular resort!
Also, what's the best skis for these conditions? Took narrow-waisted (70) piste skis last time and they coped well enough whilst conditions were mostly "thin"; a lot of pole planting and jumping, seemed to improve with a lot of 'dynamic' up and down movement. Not exactly a flowing descent, however... And blinking tiring.
Maybe should have taken the AMs (85 waist), though harder to edge and jump than the short sl-types.
Any advice ( preferably positive, rather than go elsewhere wink ) appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Grizzler, skiing outdoor in the uk can really expose technique, not sure that ski width underfoot makes a whole lot of difference. When you can style it out back home, then you can pretty much ski anywhere well. Keep going at it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, @dode. Yep, definitely exposes technique and stance weaknesses. Today's excursion felt a lot better; then again the conditions were somewhat better too.
Practice, as you say ( may it please the Pennine Gods).
On the pisted bits the AM skis did fine; on the non-pisted I definitely needed them (yes, there were bits where it wasn't just deep grass tufts interspersed with snow, honest rolling eyes ).
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy