Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Always thought Harry had good taste!

Poster: A snowHead
https://www.lenouvelliste.ch/articles/valais/martigny-region/le-prince-harry-aurait-choisi-verbier-pour-enterrer-sa-vie-de-garcon-729116
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The skiing in verbier is great but I struggle to associate the place with good taste given the particular kind of British hooray banker who tends to favour it Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@jedster, a bit harsh, no? Yes there are plenty of wealthy Brits there who want to have a great time on and off the piste. Most I have met have been a lot of fun.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BobinCH wrote:
Most I have met have been a lot of fun.
People with more money than sense usually are... wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Raceplate wrote:
BobinCH wrote:
Most I have met have been a lot of fun.
People with more money than sense usually are... wink Toofy Grin

Putting the 2 sentences together:

"People with more money than sense usually are A LOT OF FUN"!

Anything wrong with that? Wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or maybe they have plenty of sense, which is why they’ve got the money and pick the best playground to enjoy it in 😉
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thought this thread was started by the OH of the UKIP leader.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

@jedster, a bit harsh, no? Yes there are plenty of wealthy Brits there who want to have a great time on and off the piste. Most I have met have been a lot of fun.

It was a little tongue in cheek hence the smiley. I'm not suggesting they are bad people just the find the migration of a certain group of City working/West London residents from one bubble to another a bit wearing.
That said, I worked a season in Courchevel years ago and love the skiing there too. I wouldn't claim it was tasteful though. Feel the same about Verbier.
Taste of course is in the eye of the beholder
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well if I was fortunate enough to have an uncle with a luxury chalet in Verbier I would be holidaying there (cannot read French so cannot confirm his accommodation in the article). Presumably his sloanie cousins are there too. And he can hob nob with his ex fellow cavalry officer crooner James Blunt at his restaurant too.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I like Verbier.

I do have more money than sense.

Sadly that's £4.75 in my case Sad
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@hawkesbaynz,
Indeed, taste stops being a consideration if I get offered free luxury accommodation in a top ski resort Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Acknowledge the smiley, and YMMV, but still struggle with people dissing a Verbier based on a lack of taste?

It’s a visually beautiful village composed almost entirely of traditional wooden chalet or wood clad apartments. It sits in a south facing bowl so is showered in sunshine particularly in March and April when the après is glorious! It’s got stunning mountains and terrain up there with the best. Nowhere i’ve skied rivals the lift served options off Attelas, Mont Gele and Mont Fort. It’s immaculately maintained, from super fast snow clearing to none of your French dog poo-poo on the pavements style. There is an amazing selection of restaurants and bars from saisonnière style Pub Mont Fort through to exclusive with everything in between. It’s Switzerlsnd so doesnt come cheap but with Swiss prices comes Swiss quality. It’s hardly dominated by London bankers? It’s popular with the Swiss, scandies, Dutch, Germans, Americans as well as the Brits, albeit admittedly tends towards those with a higher than average budget and skiing ability level. There are a few snobs who are hardly difficult to avoid if they offend you so much, but i’d take them over the other end of the spectrum!

As I said YMMV but if you haven’t been don’t let the naysayers put you off!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Nowhere i’ve skied rivals the lift served options off Attelas, Mont Gele and Mont Fort

sure - it's excellent - but to say Grands Montets, Alagna, Engleberg (just some of the most obvious alternatives) don't rival those lift served options is a bit of a stretch
On the atmosphere, to be fair my only week in Verbier included NY and while that was entertaining it probably cast the entitled youngish people of multiple nations in far from their most flattering light. I was in my mid 20s and I thought the t0sser count was pretty stratospheric. I'm sure it's better at other points in the season.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@BobinCH, +1 , have to agree , have spent three of my best ski weeks ever in verbier , and none of those were spent downing verve clique and wearing fur , more skiing amazing itineraries in fresh snow then apres at the off shore and mt fort , followed by good mountain grub and crazy nights at the casbah , and didn't find it any posher / show offy ( for want of a better word ) than most large ski resorts around the globe
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's nowt wrong with Verbier, if I couldn't buy in the MBV that's where I'ld turn next (get a bit less for me cash mind).
snow conditions
jedster wrote:
Quote:

Nowhere i’ve skied rivals the lift served options off Attelas, Mont Gele and Mont Fort

sure - it's excellent - but to say Grands Montets, Alagna, Engleberg (just some of the most obvious alternatives) don't rival those lift served options is a bit of a stretch.

Verbier has 3 big mountains - Attelas, Mont Gele and Mont Fort. Each of them has myriad steep, challenging descent options taking you straight back to lifts. Not counting Bec des Rosses as it’s not lift served.

Chamonix has GM but apart from the Rectiligne or Poubelle (which leaves you in another valley) what are the other steep options without hiking? AdM has many options but it is hardly convenient

Sorry but Engelberg and Alagna don’t get close.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy