Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Beware the recent snow fall

Poster: A snowHead
The conditions in the Alps at the moment are treachous. We have had a lot of snow over the last few days but with vastly fluctuating temperatures and strong winds, particularly in the western Alps. The avalanche risk indicator has been raised to 5 in many areas which means KEEP CLEAR. Please be careful. The risk at the moment means that even normally totally benign, next-to-piste runs are a potential danger. Tracks back to resort that cross below snowfields may be closed making it annoying for getting back into the resort - they will be closed for a reason, adhere to the pisteurs knowledge until the rosk has reduced to 3...

Anybody venturing into the back-country ensure that you have the correct kit, precautions and experience... Be careful! Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

See this thread in Snow Reports from last night, courtesy of PisteHors.

WEATHER SNAPSHOT UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT :
Heavy falls Thursday night then tomorrow morning with snowline dropping from 1200m to 600m Friday. Snow showers Friday afternoon. Approx a further 30 to 60cm expected to fall by Friday night.
Strong westerly winds at altitude 40 to 80 km/h.

With the colder temperatures plus winds, multiple wind slabs will form. An accumulation of 1m to 1m20 of new snow above 1800m at present.

As davidof says, roads and buildings could be threatened.

The avalanche risk expected to increase Saturday with fresh falls on their way.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
3-4 across much of Switzerland, with some local variations. More details here.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So anyone got any good games we can play whilst marooned in the chalet all week/trapped on the transfer bus snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Frosty the Snowman, will the chalet be safe from danger?

Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, looks like that trip over the top to La Thuile might have to wait for a few days! It's a whiteout at the moment...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar.org.uk, Safe from External Danger, but with 9 stir crazy little kids & 9 big kids inside Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ise, I had an snow alert email from Zinal last night, full of glee Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, there's a very good game called Schuss developed by a snowhead, recommended! Latest word from La Rosiere still tipping down, another 30 - 40 cms expected today.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 17-02-06 9:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dear Sir,

I dont know if you remember but I left a message the other day asking for lots of snow. I omitted to be specific in my message and would respectfully ask that you see what you can do to ease up over the next few hours. There is quite enough now. If its not too much trouble can you also ask the wind to relax.

See you sunday

Best Wishes

John
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowbunny wrote:

The downside is it's main punter season so the road will be full of people having an epic in the morning Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
frosty, never ask for less snow, this will build up the base nicely for us peeps coming out later in the season Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ise wrote:
snowbunny wrote:

The downside is it's main punter season so the road will be full of people having an epic in the morning Very Happy

It's a shame that there is no webcam covering the road up to Val D'Anniviers Twisted Evil
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David@traxvax, What chances a nice smooth transfer day on Saturday!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty

The polite thing to ask for is snow at night only
ski holidays
ise, cheers for the links, hitting Flims / Laxx Tuesday evening for 5 days snowHead
ski holidays
boredsurfin, well if the local forecast is to believed, it could continue snowing until Monday. So the chances are it could be chaos, you'll always get some dozy Parisian who's driven to the resort on summer tyres, no snow chains etc who just happens to block the road at the worst possible spot.
snow report
David@traxvax, I got my copy of Schuss last week, we had great fun with the 'dares' , it wnet down very well, Olympics on the telly, tartiflette for dinner.
ski holidays
10.11 am (London) on Saturday. Just had an update on the road from Bourge St. Maurice to Val D'Isere. My brother spent the night in St Foy and drove down to Bourge this morning at about 8.30. The roads were ok and clear. However, he is now making his way to VDI and has had chains on almost the whole journey. Just reached the large layby where police are making everybody put on chains. Its dumping hard and the traffic down the mountain is almost at a stand still while traffic up is doing about 20kph.

Avalanche risk is 5(although website is saying 4) and my bro has been staying with one of the people who presents "Henry's Avalanche Talks" (Andy). The message is "BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID". More snow due until at least Monday with biggest falls tomorrow.
snow report
SimonN, thanks very much for this update. have sent to my son who is in Val D'I for the season, cooking and sliding. what a miserable day in prospect for the half termers, with kids cooped up in cars.
snow conditions
It hasn't stopped falling most of the night in Bourg, and it's getting a touch colder, so starting to settle even down at 800m now. BIIIIIG falls. The route to Val/Tignes has been "Chains only" for a couple of days now. It'll be chaos on the roads to the resorts today. A good percentage of the tourists arriving won't even have winter tyres.
ski holidays
Has it not been half term weekjust gone ?- today's a double whammy on the roads then!

Personally I hate bitching about travel conditions - this is an inherent risk in a sport which essentially depends on bad weather to be any good. If it takes me 3 hours to drive a 45 min (this has happened to me) drive then I ususally know its going to be a good day when I get there (or alternatively everything will be shut down)

Edit: If the reason is clueless tourists who thought they don't need chains becuse "we haven't in 10 years" or they've a Fulham Tractor (no snow tyres) blocking the road I reserve the right to abuse them as I pass.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 18-02-06 11:19; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Still snowing here mega hard! Had to go down to Bourg for the shopping yesterday morning and had to put the chains on coming back up the mountain. Its pretty windy aswell and lifts are a bit stop start! I heard theres heavy storms forecast for Lyon airport tomorrow aswell so changeover looks a bit crap!
ski holidays
Quote:
I heard theres heavy storms forecast for Lyon airport tomorrow aswell so changeover looks a bit crap!
Sssh!!! Don't tell FTS cos his faith has been reborn recently and it hangs on a thread of believing in fantastic snowfalls prior to arrival followed by a week of brilliant calm, cold sunshine, with maybe 5cms per night to freshen things up for the next morning during the rest of his stay wink. No transfer delays permitted tomorrow while FTS is on the road.
ski holidays
PG, IS he on a SilverSki or has he defected? because I can have a word with the almighty if he's on one of our coaches
snow report
Has it not been half term weekjust gone ?- today's a double whammy on the roads then!

Personally I hate bitching about travel conditions - this is an inherent risk in a sport which essentially depends on bad weather to be any good. If it takes me 3 hours to drive a 45 min (this has happened to me) drive then I ususally know its going to be a good day when I get there (or alternatively everything will be shut down)
ski holidays
next Saturday is when my kids mid term break starts
snow report
My kids starts today.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I think they (mine) can do with a break - one of the kids in the village was buried on Monday apparently after complications with bronchitis - never good when they die young....
snow report
Nadenoodlee I 'm sure he's with Silverski.
latest report
Ski Olympic ..........Wait for me
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, ohhh well you need all the help you can get anyway.... Razz
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy