Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

European Health card

Poster: A snowHead
Just a salutary warning to all ....do take your European Health card with you ... I took a really bad fall on Monday second day ..I have no recollection of it but I know it happened by the bruises. I ended up in the Cavalese hospital where I received excellent treatment including a Cat scan..no waiting and friendly service. and no problems because I had my card with me..I have/had concussion and memory loss ..they gave me a report and the X-rays to take home ....so make sure you take it with you
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I agree...plus be sure to check it hasn't expired, as they do lapse! After an experience over 10 years ago I also always buy the Carte Neige cover too. Far less hassle when carted off the mountain.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
if it does lapse it can be retro applied on return
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not a bad idea to snap a photo of your EHIC card. No guarantee it will be accepted, but I reckon there is a pretty good chance and if it's in the cloud you can access it from anywhere.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
there's a phone app you can enter your card details into as well.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Wifey and I stick em behind our lift passes in our respective 'lift-passy-pockety-thing', on our jackets. ( I like the pccy idea too.)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
holidayloverxx wrote:
if it does lapse it can be retro applied on return
When I was collecting a certain snowHead from Albertville hospital after he'd been pinned back together, the payment office had a sign on the wall explaining the procedure if your EHIC had expired. Basically they allowed you to phone the EHIC Helpline in the UK, who would confirm to the hospital whether the patient was entitled to an EHIC. If they were entitled the UK office would fax confirmation to the hospital, who then billed the patient as if they had a valid EHIC. All seemed to operate extremely smoothly, although not for the certain snowHead who, being a USA resident, was no longer eligible for a EHIC.

Like others I keep my EHIC with my lift pass, so I know its always with me. Used it last winter in Austria. The staff took a quick photocopy, I signed a form and I was discharged without having to pay anything. Made a traumatic day much simpler than it might have been, not least because I didn't have a credit card with me and I don't think I had any means of proving my identity so they could send a bill to me at home.

Sincerely hope that eligibility for an EHIC card isn't one of the things I lose after Brexit Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@rob@rar, As I understand it EHIC is not an EU 'product' but time will tell....
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@boredsurfin, @rob@rar, it's an EEA + Switzerland thing. Maybe it'll be an EEA+Switzerland+UK thing. Maybe it won't.

I keep mine in my wallet. It's not a thing for skiing. It's a thing for any time. And in Germany, the EHIC is the same card as your home health insurance card.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
andy wrote:
I keep mine in my wallet. It's not a thing for skiing. It's a thing for any time.

Ditto.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink wrote:
andy wrote:
I keep mine in my wallet. It's not a thing for skiing. It's a thing for any time.

Ditto.

I keep mine in my travelling wallet.
Along with any unused currencies, etc.
Few times ive handed over the wrong note! Odd looks when handing over rubles instead of levs!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
+1
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Alastair Pink wrote:
andy wrote:

Ditto.
Ditto again
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
andy wrote:
it's an EEA + Switzerland thing
That's right.
andy wrote:
Maybe it'll be an EEA+Switzerland+UK thing
Let's hope!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@rob@rar, with our crack team of negotiators on the job what could possibly go wrong?
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
@rob@rar, As I understand it EHIC is not an EU 'product' but time will tell....

It would be stupid for wider Europe to rescind the EHIC rights. It works well both ways.
snow conditions
andy wrote:

Not much use in UK though, is it?
ski holidays
Charliegolf wrote:
It would be stupid for wider Europe to rescind the EHIC rights. It works well both ways.
Yes, you'd hope that was the case. However, it would not be beyond the realm of credibility for the EEA (+ Switzerland) to say that the EHIC is part of a wider set of rights and responsibilities and we're not so inclined to offer those rights to a country outside of our club which doesn't take part in the wider rights and responsibilities that we hold to. But I do hope our team of negotiators can cherry-pick their way through this particular problem.
snow conditions
Quote:

Not much use in UK though, is it?

Also stated that...
Quote:

in Germany, the EHIC is the same card as your home health insurance card.

No idea why NHS doesn't make use of an NI card with an EHIC on the back too. Would kiss goodbye to all the scammers charging £35 for what is free. And might help dispel myths about health tourism.
Don't even need to renew mine. So long as I keep paying social security, they keep sending me a valid card that has the EHIC detail on the back.
Hopefully in a year and a bit, mine WILL still be useful when I'm in the UK Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy