Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sending skis by post or courier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry for the numpty question which I’m sure has been asked a lot.

I have a lot of skis to offload and so will probably end up beating them.

I haven’t done this for years and pretty sure I used to be able to use Royal Mail or Parcel Force but I think there are size restrictions now.

Can anyone please recommend a good courier with approximately prices?

Thank you very much snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Recently did this and used TNT via Interparcel. Were excellent and cost about £24 IIRC for next day delivery. Avoid Parcel2Go or at least their cheaper options who are Hermes and never turned up to collect!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interparcel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Paisley Freight
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I don't know how to link to a thread but recently, a month or so ago, the same query was posted in the equipments section with some detail on interparcel options in the replies, may be worth seeking out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
What wait... We're paying £40 a leg to put skis on a plane. Has anyone ever just shipped them to their hotel for holidays rather than lugging them through airports, buses etc?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Canuck, its been discussed here...that price is for UK delivery. There are ski couriers that take skis over in a van but you need to arrange its ok with your accommodation.. probably no good for self catered appartments
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sarah, +1 for Paisley Freight - I've used them a couple of times.

My regular couriers are APC/Eurotrans who charge about £17 for the first 10kgs, and an extra £1 for longer length parcels. If you have a local APC franchise try them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wonderful!!

Thank you all so much. I will check out those recommendations and try to find that other thread too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another regular Paisley Freight user here.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've sent skis via regular mail from Ireland to France and back. It worked fine, stick them in a ski bag, stick a label on and bring to the post office! Got a few odd looks, but it worked and was a lot cheaper than courier rates. Not sure if the acceptable dimensions have changed though - I think they might have.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Longest length with Royal Mail (and I think Parcelforce) is 1.5m. Some people get away with longer but you risk delays and/or damage.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy