Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heavy snow forecast Alps Av Risk

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's looking like monster snowfalls for the alps from Tue 14th Jan for as far as the forecast can see. Worth a trip Sat 20.. or wait?
Can imagine avalanche risk will be very high and possible disruptions.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
14th Jan is a Sunday (today). Just saying.

on Tuesday, that massive dump was on snow forecast as being Saturday (yesterday). on Wednesday it moved to Sunday (today). On Friday it moved to Monday (tomorrow). It now seems to have moved to Tuesday - so I'm hesitant to believe that it's now definitely happening Tuesday and the date isn't going to move to Wednesday. I'm pretty cynical when it comes to the snow forecast, my experience is that it's full of s Shocked Shocked t. All you can do is turn up and see what happens, there is no point winding yourself up about snowfall because it just does what it does and sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fair call. Weather in the mountains is highly variable. Turning up on those marginal days can be the best. Heavy snow (2m+ mid-mountain) from Tue/Wed for a few days has been in the long-range forecast for a few days now with gale force Westerlies. Perhaps East facing lower mountain runs in the trees will be ok. But not sure it's worth the travel. I expect a lot of the mountain will be closed.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm there anyway so I'm just going to have to see what happens, but I don't blame you.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Meteo blue have had it in their sights for Tuesday since their 14 day run reached there https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/forecast/14-days/chamonix_france_3027301 and had this weekend as quite nice and sunny for a week. All very stable and little movement.

http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-mont-blanc/weather/forecast/morning/5_days_weather_forecast.php who are real hoomains confirm storms inbound for here. Although with little confidence...

I don’t like snowforecast.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@under a new name, snowforecast seems to diminish as the days move to the left...
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mmm Massive dump, we had that last week, it looks like moderate to heavy snowfall to me, about a metre of snow over 4 days. Well within the amount a resort can cope with. Yes the avalanche risk will rise, with the wind probably to 4/5. But last Tuesday in Tignes the risk was 5/5 today it is 1 below 2700m and 2 above.

If I trusted my own forecast (I don't trust anybodys!) I would say w/c 20 Jan may well be a great if not a fantastic week.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pamski, one of the reasons why I don’t like it.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pamski and under a new name, that was also my experience of snowforecast.
But just recently my usual sites for La Plagne have been doing the opposite, so do understand rollo19's concern.
Meteoblue and Meteoexploration have upped the snowfall, the days it will fall, the windspeed, and lowered the temperature, each time i've looked.
At first it was all over by Thursday, but now its carrying on to Sunday
I'm looking forward to giving our new car (Skoda Scout) a good testing. Maybe not so good for our son and girlfriend who are only out for the weekend. But that's how it is in the mountains - like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're going to get.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Getting a spot on forecast is difficult. Nature of the beast I guess.

Last holiday I looked at snow-forecast and Bergfex. Neither is perfect both in terms of how the present the data and the accuracy of the data. But for me I am largely looking for a trend. If it is going to start snowy/cloudy but improve/clear up as the day goes on I can plan accordingly i.e., look to go further afield once the clear up happens. If I know any clear up will be temporary I won't get excited by and stick to the safe option.

As for the subject of this thread. You'd think next week looks great after the fresh falls this week - almost ideal given the base that's already there. I'm in the office until March - so not ****ing happy about it!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy