Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots and Bunions!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I don't (think) I have a bunion, but that joint on my right foot is more pronounced than on the left. (The start of one maybe?) Is there anything that can be done to the boot to ease that area a little? I can and have been skiing all day without too much discomfort, but I wonder if the boot can be reshaped a little.

Thanks.

CG
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, I have a bunion and need my boot re shaped in that area, it was really painful before I had it done.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Charliegolf, I have wrecked feet from climbing including frostbite damage on one foot, and genetic predisposition to bunions - and once the tendons are out of alignment, the bunion starts to develop FAST, particularly with the strains on the foot which are presented by skiing and climbing. I've had excellent work done on boots to remove any problems at all - just make sure that you are working with boots which match your foot shape in the first place. I have a large bulge put into the inner side of each boot - slightly different location L and R - this has been done on Salomon, Lange and Tecnica boots. But go to the right people - Colin in Bicester, Profeet etc - the last adjust I had done, I had to rush, and it was done by a large outdoor chain - bad job.

I fear that if you have bunions developing they will become worse over time; that's just the mechanics of the tendons increasingly pulling the toe out of shape. But will good support of fitters, it won't be a problem.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Fri 12-01-18 11:16; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As others have said, this is not a difficult job. Key issue is that you should not self diagnose things like bunions. If you haven't got yourself checked for things like hallux rigidus as well then you should probably do that. The bone spurs look similar.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all- on bunions, I used the term to give an immediate mental pic to get the boot advice. What I have is a difference of about 2-3mm in prominence on one foot; with no discernable turn-out of the big toe. I'll keep an eye on it.

Next Q- any bootfitters in S Wales/S West? Ta.

CG
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Next Q- any bootfitters in S Wales/S West?

Go and see CEM in Bicester if he has time to work on something he hasn't sold.

Not trying to be a pain with the diagnosis point, just that I mistook hallux rigidus for bunion formation and now my feet are fucked
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@gorilla, not taken that way in the slightest- at 61, I'm looking at every way I can to stay fit and healthy.

CG
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Charliegolf, I have bunions on both feet- the left being very big/ massive! Both boots have been blown by CEM - a straightforward job for someone who knows what they’re doing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charlie, how about trying one of these between your 1st and 2nd toe?
https://www.careco.co.uk/item-s-dl05036/gel-toe-spreaders-pack-of-4.htm?utm_source=shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLACampaigns&gclid=CjwKCAiA1uHSBRBUEiwAkBCtzXngP2DOYgPnC55F82768o4MOpFgtQg80UZrhnSP_yqHcVcyOwbcCxoCOTEQAvD_BwE
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarf and akin osteotomy is what you guys need Toofy Grin

Highly recommend this guy - ski's in Morzine but hey ho....
https://finder.bupa.co.uk/Consultant/view/25957/mr_graeme_taylor
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy