Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Men's boarder-X

Poster: A snowHead
The course builder's prep'd a pig it's going to be carnage. Very tech and slow out of the gate, they'll be swapping punches by the first table-top Laughing Laughing Laughing Luvit!

it's live on 'i' 301

4 the skiers ... It's qualifying, one at a time, the race is with 4 setting off together snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Masque wrote:
The course builder's prep'd a pig

It's a monster! I've only seen one FIS boarder-cross course before, and it was nowhere near as impressive as that one. Looking forward to the competition Smile

Masque, thanks for the heads-up.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Masque, when is it on?

ps i don't have Sky
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno wrote:
ps i don't have Sky

Me neither, it's on Freeview interactive (go direct to Channel 301, or navigate to it by pressing the Red button on your remote). First qualifying session has just finished.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
2nd round of qualifying @ 10:30 UK time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you haven't got freeview either then theres coverage at 12:30 on BBC2 .. am guessing recorded higlights if it's all kicking off now...

thankfully I've got Sky + set to record while I labour over a hot keypad.... Crying or Very sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just watching this on the BBC webite, and I must say I'm finding it rather boring - I'm sure it'll liven up though when they are 4 of them on the course together!

Just wondering - why is there no snowboard downhill event, on a piste similar to the skiing downhill? While I find watching jumps and tricks on a board very unisipiring, to see a quality snowboarder carving very fast down an icy piste is truly impressive (although all too rare) - so why they do not do it competitively?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dave Burt, I've always thought that a snowboard GS would be spectacular .... give it time, some of the slalom riders are talking about it
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dave Burt, there used to be a snowboard GS in the olympics (not parallel). Remember Ross Rebigliate (Sp) in Nagano and his second hand smoke incident?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just started on BBC2. Awesome!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Excellent - hard boots rule!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It would be more interesting if they carried Uzi machine guns (paintball versions) - points for each hit.

Who is the Reggie Kray of snowboarding again?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Big fan of that as a spectator sport. As to the technique/difficulty of the course, I ski, I know nuuuthing.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is it just me or has the boarding been more interesting than the skiing so far? Men's board-X was brilliant.
(Now ducking to avoid rocks being thrown in this direction!)
Maybe it's just the enthusiasm of the commentator, his description of the women's halfpipe; "...super clean enormous backside..."; "....she really is the Tiramisu of snowbaording, she's got the sponge fingers, the marscapone cheese and even the whisky. Tiramisu is made with whisky isn't it?..."

Mind you I managed to miss both the men's and women's moguls which I'd wanted to see, but couldn't get to a telly when they were live and there never seemd to be any highlights (different thread I know).
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
clara_jo wrote:
As to the technique/difficulty of the course, I ski, I know nuuuthing.

I ski as well, and tried to imagine racing down the course. Even in my imagine I crashed out after the first couple of jumps!
snow report
I don't board but b/cross is the best of the Olympic games for me. Much more thrilling as a spectator sport and will only be improved on when ski/x is included.
ski holidays
Great spectacle to watch (only edged out by the moguls) - but unfortunately tainted by what seems like a fair bit of 'luck' which (personally) detracts a little bit from me being able to appreciate it as an 'Olympic' event i.e. respect for the winner as truly 'great'. Definately the 'gladiator' event of the Winter Olympics though Madeye-Smiley
latest report
I've just got in, and I'm awaiting it on the video recording my daughter kindly did for me. Very Happy
snow report
IncogSkiSno, ... absolutely magic .. Enjoy .. also the Team Pursuit on Long Track speed skating and the biathlon and ...........
snow report
We need to take the gladiatorial aspect of boardercross and apply it to some of the less dramatic Olympic sports, to build up an enthusiasm to participate amongst the young.

Now, what about .....................curlercross?
snow conditions
Acacia, How about Bob-X? Forget Luge or Skeleton Bob, sit on a snowboard and head down the toboggan run!
snow report
mountainmammoth,

With a condom over your head.
snow conditions
Acacia, Better safe than sorry!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy