Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No more struggling with carrying your (and wife's, and kids') skis and poles

Poster: A snowHead
Probably the best news in this season: Very Happy

Quote:
A SOUTH WALES holidaymaker whose idea for a special strap to carry awkward ski equipment won a top design award is poised to launch an international sales drive. Carpenter Peter Brooks grew fed up struggling with sets of skis and poles on his way to
and from the slopes in Switzerland with his wife Sian and son Morgan, seven.

He named his innovation Skiweb.
Quote:
The Skiweb straps comes in over-the-shoulder and hand-held versions, designed so that they easily fold back into the size of a Mars bar. The absence of buckles or any hard elements means the webbing can be safely pocketed without risking injury to the skier in a fall.

The company has produced the first 10,000 Skiwebs, which retail at £12.99 and £9.99. PS Inventions will be exhibiting at the Softex exhibition in Manchester this month.

The whole article is here.

Any experience with this 'revolutionary product?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used the decathlon one on my last week hol - was a improvement for long distances, not worth the hassle for short. There are hoards of designs about mind...I'm not sure if any are better than others?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Call me old fashioned but I am sure I bought something similar 15+ years ago, good idea but not worth the hassle unless carrying ski's some distance.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you're not strong enough to carry your gear should you be skiing anyway? I'm amazed at how many of these stupid contraptions are for sale - ski straps, ski slings and now ski web. There seems to be a whole industry of pointless gadgetry out there. I say ban them now before they team up with the ski trip packing check list brigade.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JohnHill, it could be useful for parents of young ones though, who end up carrying several pairs of skis.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
These products - be they straps or rollers - have almost a 100% failure rate, and have been 're-invented' for several decades. A huge collection of these failed products could form a museum ... or graveyard.

Shoulders are useful for carrying skis, planks, bricks, milk, backpacks, coffins and so on.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

....................... before they team up with the ski trip packing check list brigade.

Now that sounds like a new thread all to-gether Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JohnHill, I'm not sure why being unable to carry your own gear should preclude you from skiing. Anyway, small kids may be physically capable of carrying their own gear but over long distances they get tired and over slippery surfaces it is often safer and quicker to carry it for them. And I treat carrying multiple sets of skis as part of my morning warm-up.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Helen Beaumont, I am a parent of young ones but would rather entertain the Devil than be caught using one of these things.

Same thing happens in golf... otherwise able-bodied people rent electric carts cos a five mile stroll might make them a wee bit tired. Diddums.

I'm now going to visit the ski web folks at Soltex and will report back!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JohnHill, you'd rather struggle with lots of sets of skis and poles than look at whether one of these things might be useful Puzzled
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
slikedges, PPPPPP. Why is there ever any need to struggle? First thing I would do (if kids are in tow) is book accommodation bang opposite the lift or on the piste itself, or use a ski depot by the lift. Secondly, kids just have to be shown how to carry their gear efficiently. If they can't (say they're too small and new to ski boots etc) then you'd have been a total numpty to have put yourself in that position in the first place. Why on earth would anyone subject themselves to yomping long distances with kids and gear? The kids will hate you and it'll end in tears and divorce. Ban ski carriers (especially the wheeled ones).There are enough contraptions in our sport already.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JohnHill, I suspect you don't actually ski with your young kids, do you?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
slikedges, Yes actually thanks Sherlock. But what I don't do is to subject them and us to long yomps, busses etc. Energy should be saved for skiing not needless transporting and yet more paraphenalia.

I suspect you've got a growing collection of carrying devices then!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Love to see you force your 3 year olds to carry their gear efficiently.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
JohnHill, slikedges, Just got back from first weeks skiing with both my kids (and the wife). Whilst I wouldn't bother with these devices as they are mostly a hassle (unless over long distance) I now no that kids will not be forced to carry all their own gear. I have a 4 & 8 year old. The eight year old can manage her skis, the 4 year old holds her poles and me & the wife carry everything else! It's all very well asking them/teaching them to carry the stuff, but at the end of the day when they are shattered and ready to collapse, you either get on an carry for them - or leave them behind crying with a pile of equipment on the floor! I will do anything to help them enjoy the holiday that I have "inflicted" upon them - because the first few times, unti they get the bug, it is you making them carry out your interest/hobby.
snow conditions
I would certainly consider such a gizmo though probably not for a tenner. I regularly have to carry my kids skis across icy car parks or through busy cable car turnstiles. For instance I went skiing by train with 2 of my kids last weekend. Just bundling the skis together with a simple strap makes a big difference to the handling. The oldest is 6 and the way he carries his skis makes him a dangerous weapon in a confined space.
latest report
JohnHill wrote:
I say ban them now before they team up with the ski trip packing check list brigade.

I've done you a laminated version of the list, as you requested John. Did you want the blue or black chinograph pencil?
snow conditions
slikedges, I haven't got any 3 year olds!... but, when I did, I didn't need strange devices.

Family yomps across ski towns, trudging through icy car parks, inflicting skiing on crying children hiding behind piles of equipment, children shattered and ready to collapse, strap-on devices, dangerous 6-year-olds! You've all gone mad. Social Services would be interested about all this.
ski holidays
magriggs, Please don't tell me you've laminated it before checking it off against the pre-checklist checklist. Red wipe off marker pen for me thanks.
ski holidays
JohnHill, let me explain - 16 yr old kids have no problem carrying their own skis and outskiing you, but are officially regarded as "adults"
ski holidays
slikedges wrote:
JohnHill, let me explain - 16 yr old kids have no problem carrying their own skis and outskiing you, but are officially regarded as "adults"

Make that 13 and the 9 year old's not far behind Toofy Grin
latest report
slikedges, don't understand what your point is.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy