Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

In praise of Silksworth Dry ski Slope

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I (and a colleague), have been taking a group of kids to Silksworth everyday this week, about half have been learning to snowboard and half to ski. The quality of instruction and the care that has been taken to ensure that everyone of them comes away feeling that they have achieved something, has impressed me so much. I would recommend it to anyone without any reservations. My colleague is French and she is a qualified mountain guide from the Savoie and has also been really impressed, which I think is an enormous complement to the staff at the centre.

We have run a 'Winter Sports Week' in the Alpes de Sunderland! The kids have come off the piste each day 'buzzing', they are ready 10 minutes before lunch has finished, kit on waiting to go. What more could you want?! snowHead snowHead

PS. Sharon's CD and some good advice from the instructors has also mean't that I have been practising and today I skiied and enjoyed every minute of it. Maybe all is not lost snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Agree

Silksworth is a fine dryslope with sea views when fine (& enough wind to feel like an Alp)

I spent some of my early snowboarding days there and thought it a fine example of when Council run sports facilities are done well. Far more caring attitude than I've ever experienced at Xscape or other money-grabbing outfits.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lorraine, It's a long time since I was there last (20 years), but I thought it was an excellent slope back then - the contours can't have changed. Interesting to race on! Smile Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used to go there with the Newcastle University Ski Club and we had some great fun. In those days the ski hire was located in a funnel shaped water container which I assume was a legacy from the Coal Mine. A rather novel conversion I thought.

Delighted Silksworth is still providing some quality skiing.

Lorraine, If we ever do get some snow in the Pennines this season, pop over and join us at Yad Moss.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Am also a Newcastle Ski Club veteran with many cold, windswept Silksworth nights under my belt. There's something about Silksworth 'cold' that differs from other types of 'cold'. It cuts straight throught you. Much better surface than Sheffield, where the other Kings races were held...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy