Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

spare week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

About a month ago, loads of people here gave me some great ideas re a short break. Turns out I might have a spare week to head out to to the alps during the last week of March.

I'm used to driving up Mt Ruapehu for the day by myself back home to get some runs in but this will be the first time I've headed to the Alps for a week by myself and it seems many places are set up for min 2 people.

Was wondering if anyone can advise on a good cheap option for a bloke with a weeks pass from the misses. Has to be cheap as anything I spend out there, I'll have to spend on her when I get home.

Thanks all.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kiwi1, we have space available the last week in March in our chalet le Mouflon, we give snowHeads a discount and we don't charge single supplements. see our ad in snowShops or go to www.tracksvacations.com for full details.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 16-02-06 20:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kiwi1, We went to Le Mouflon in late March last year. Great snow, great chalet & even better food. Highly recommended.

David, please send the commission to the usual place wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, thank you for your kind words, we do give returning guests an even better discount!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kiwi1, we went to the Hotel Europa in Saas Fee, lovely place not that expensive I am not sure what the prices are like at the end of March.

However if you want to watch the Super14 before heading out during the day then I would go to Champery - watch the rugby in Mitchells and have some leisurely skiing. There are some Auckland and Otago guys that head up there with us.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
excellent. Thanks for the replies. I'll look into it this weekend.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kiwi1, ooo! another one!

Whakapapa or Turoa?

Yes, sadly (N. Hemisphere) Alpine skiing for UK-based market almost entirely revolves around week-long trips for 2. Not an exageration, it really is the way that UK tour ops structure their pricing system. They will not be budged.
Which is not to say you won't find singles deals as per David@traxvax, it's just that they take a bit of research to find.

If you're ballsy enough, you could also wait until the week before you want to leave and then ask the usual UK tour ops if they'll do you a deal. Some will waive single-occupancy charges if it means getting at least some money for the room. Much depends on the TO and how they're feeling on the day.

Of course once you've sorted out the getting there/staying there, you're gonna need someone to ski with, eat lunch and dinner with, drink with after the lifts close, and basically not look like a sad git coz yr on yr own amongst all the groups & couples.
Which is much more likely in the Alps c.f. back home.....
Check out the Ski Club for free group guiding in most resorts.

How do I know? Still got my NZ passport...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kiwi1, if none of the above suggestions appeal, have a look on www.chaletsdirect.com and post on the 'Solutions Room' forum.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Manda, Kiaora. I'm from Taihape stock so Turoa was my first but after I left School moved to close to Turangi so ended up doing the Whakapapa thing for about 30 days per season.

Not used to heading to the Alps by myself. Not a problem in NZ eh when you can just jump in the car and hit the feild.

Just had a call from a mate who lives just out of Geneva so might crash with him if he can get the week of or even better a couple of mates are trying to put a trip together in Bansko which will be good.

I know a lot of people don't rate Bulgaria but I went to Bansko last year, lifts were better that most resorts in the Alps and it's cheap like 70p a pint cheap. I know theres only 60km of piste but thats plenty for a week. People talk about mafia and pros etc but I felt safer there than I do in London.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy