Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PTEX repair- Is this ski's performance compromised now?

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at buying a set of Rossi Bandit XX, but discovered a pretty sizable repair, about the size of a lighter. Should I steer clear of these or will it not affect performance enough to notice? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

[img]https://imgur.com/a/VTPd9[/img]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well crap, not sure why it didn't display the image. The link appears to work though. https://imgur.com/a/VTPd9
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably down to the quality of the repair. It might be the image but the repaired edge doesn't even look straight. If that's the case, you'd surely know about it on snow.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hardly need to worry about performance being compromised on a ski about 20 years old. Assume you're not paying more than £40 so that's rock ski money.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jonnyduna777, I'm forgetting my manners - welcome to snowHead !
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many thanks for the welcome!Very Happy I need to get a better shot of it to gauge the quality of the repair. I skied this model many years ago and absolutely loved them. A bit overextended on cash flow at the moment due to too many expensive hobbies and looking for a cheap re-entry point, but hope to get very similar results from when I'd tried them before. Just don't have any experience with a PTEX repair of this size.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks to me like it’s had an edge repair. I’d avoid.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
10-4 Altis, that's what I needed to know. Many thanks for the direction folks!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes I'd be very wary - what can see isn't so much the issue, it's what you can't see, under the surface. It might be a potentially dangerous waste of 💰.

I understand why you want them but don't let that rule your head. There will be other skis that you like - perhaps it's time to try some out and look online again.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just for good measure and better assessment. Here's a couple of better pics of the repair. What're your thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/2R1a1

https://imgur.com/a/uCYw2
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jonnyduna777 wrote:
Just for good measure and better assessment. Here's a couple of better pics of the repair. What're your thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/2R1a1

https://imgur.com/a/uCYw2

Looks ok to me, I wouldn't pay big money for them but the XX was and remains a good ski. Could be a bit flappy by now depending on how many days they've done.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Never mind the ptex, the edge looks a mess - wouldn’t touch with a barge pole. You should be able to pick up something miles better than that for £50 on eBay or one of the facebook buy and sell sites in resort
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ok, good deal. Will find a well cared for, low days set instead. Thanks again for all of the help! Hope to be skiing again soon!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks a cr@p repair, avoid............
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@jonnyduna777, ...dreadful repair. As you have decided, avoid.
ski holidays
Any other models with similar performance to the Bandit X or XX that should be on my radar for consideration? I'm a bit out of touch with the later technologies. Looking for a 50/50 to maybe 70/30 On/Off piste ratio. I'm on the southern East coast (western NC and WV) and ski mostly groomed, granular over ice, with a few pow days mixed in, but have friends in CO I'd like to visit soon and be able to take my skis along for the ride. I like to ski fast and alternate from long to short turns and like some jumps mixed in. The Bandit X was a very agile, poppy ski that was stable at speed and didn't feel like dead wooden planks like some of the fatter models I'd tried, the Rossi Zenith is one that comes to mind.
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
the edge looks a mess

the slight bend could be an issue if you hit it again at that point. At 20-30 quid they'd be ok assuming they haven't 100+ days on them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy