Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Gimbal for mobile phone video

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone use one, comments, recommendations etc?

Thinking about this one: https://www.wexphotovideo.com/dji-osmo-mobile-2-1649875/

It's the cheapest I've seen and gets decent reviews for walking but no references to using it for skiing. I'd only use it on piste. Or is it completely naff?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not too sure about the mobile version, but I've been using the self contained osmo for a couple of trips and the stabilisation is incredible. Whether it's naff or not is another question...

Here's some example footage of the osmo stabilisation I took this year, if it helps for comparison:

http://youtube.com/v/Fu2tF_JZghE
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@element, Nice and smooth, what I'm looking for. But what is the self contained osmo? It has a Sony X3000 built in? Tried googling it but couldn't find it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I’ve got a xhiyun smooth q which was about £80 and works well skiing. You can choose to lock anything from 1-3 axes, and the app has a tracking feature which works at moderate skiing speeds, keeping your subject smoothly in the picture.

The key spec to check is the weight of phone that it can stabilise. If a phone is too heavy it won’t work. Mine will do up to 220g which rules out some of the plus size iPhones.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowdave, ta, that's worth a look, pretty sure my phone is less than 220g.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gizmodo discussed a few today - http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2018/02/5-smartphone-upgrades-you-didnt-know-you-needed/

Extract ->

The new Osmo Mobile 2 from DJI looks like a good bet, works with just about any phone, and will set you back £129—it comes with some special tricks such as a hyperlapse mode as well. Other popular options include the Zhiyun Smooth-Q (£99) and the Hohem T2 (£200).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Jeraff, sorry, I meant the DJI Osmo with the built in camera - https://www.dji.com/osmo/camera

I have an x3000 as well, it's got the built in sony optical stabilisation which is really good for taking out a bit of handshake, but nothing compared to the Osmo.

Can't speak for the mobile version, but I've been really happy with the Osmo. It's also survived a lot more abuse than I thought it would, getting bounced around in my pack all day for 3 weeks so far.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy