Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'Isere Babysitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Afternoon all,

Would appreciate some advice from those in the know. We've booked our usual big group holiday and have a chalet in Val D'ISere (nothing posh, just Crystal).

This year though among the adults we're also taking our 4 month old baby. While we're going to be sharing out most of the babysitting duties during the day (and so far, touch wood, she's a very easy-going baby day and night) we were wondering if anyone has had experience getting a babysitter* in for a day or two and who they might recommend. Jelly and Ice-Cream is the top link on google and seems to offer a good service but the most recent entry on here reviewing them seems to be 2012.

Any advice/experience/contacts gratefully received.

Thanks,
Curzonian

*Creche's seem to start at six months - presumably when baby is on the way to being weaned - so not sure they're an option but it would be nice for my wife and I to be able to ski together at least one day.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've never heard a bad report about Jelly and Ice-Cream seem to do a good job by all accounts.

(that said my "children" are 21 and 25 so no real experience of anyone in terms of in-resort babysitting)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We have used a really lovely nanny at Tignes, who has a lot experience with babies. I think she would probably work in Val D too, I could ask her and if yes, would you like me to PM her details?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could also try little chicks in Val d’Isere. Saw them about a fair bit before Christmas as well as last season along with Jelly and Ice Cream.
It might be worth contacting the tourist office in Val d’Isere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks all, that’s useful and yes pls @Bella2015

Curzonian
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This is surely a question for @Steve Angus, who lives in Val d'Isere and has two young kids. I'll send him a PM so he doesn't miss the thread.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks thelem and thanks for the heads up on this - happy to advise....

Yea the 'nanny companies' can help out.... it depends though if you are coming in school holidays / peak season as they are all quite likely to be fully booked already! However another problem could be 'a day or two' as this can be a logistical nightmare for them trying to fill 'the other days' you are not taking!

However Tina and Jelly and Ice Cream are very good yes... T4 Nanny (Tess and her team) are good too... I cant recommend other organisations although I reckon you could try contacting the tourist office as they have a list of 'nounou's' that could help and also call the jardins des enfants - Gladys in there should be able to give advice too... finally Piou Piou are a little French outfit that could help ad hoc too but with French staff (they are good but not sure they take babies or not).

Good luck!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @Steve Angus, that’s very useful - we are coming outside of school hols (while we still can)! Understood re them wanting to fill weeks rather than days - will drop those you have mentioned an email and see what the craic is.

I should have thought to ask you. Last time we were over a few of us had a lesson with Claire so we will probably be in touch on that front too (and very coincidentally, recently found out we have a mutual friend with you both when we got talking to her about skiing in Val).

Curzonian
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Curzonian, have asked the nanny if ok to share her details and as soon as she confirms will PM you. I decided to use an independent nanny rather than a nanny company as I like that fact that I know well in advance who will look after my kids. I have also used T4 and they were good, but they only told me who the nanny was shortly before our arrival.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Curzonian, have PMed you the details
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy